11 Days of Service
11 DAYS OF SERVICE
The New York Red Bulls held their annual “11 Days of Service” in the month of September in conjunction with September 11 – the national day of service and remembrance. Red Bulls players, staff and fans were able to give back to the community via the different events as listed below.
- (1) September 2nd - Ronald McDonald House: Members of the Red Bulls front office and team met the families staying at the Ronald McDonald House in New York City and served dinner.
- (2) September 6th - Special Olympics Unified Match - Special Olympics NJ will face on Special Olympics KS: Following the New York Red Bulls-Sporting Kansas City MLS regular season match, teams from Special Olympics New Jersey and Special Olympics Kansas played on the pitch at Red Bull Arena. Fans attending the Red Bulls-Sporting KC match were able to stay and cheer on both teams. (PHOTOS FROM THE UNIFIED MATCH)
- (3) September 11th - Community FoodBank of NJ: Members of the Red Bulls front office and team helped assemble food boxes for seniors, put together inserts for the FoodBank’s Kids’ Back Pack program and worked in the Tools 4 Schools Resource Center.
- (4) September 15th - Covenant House BBQ: Members of the Red Bulls front office and team served dinner to the homeless youth that the Covenant House (located in Newark, NJ) serve.
- (5) September 20th - Childhood Cancer Awareness Game
- (6) September 20th - Food Drive with Community FoodBank of NJ: At the Red Bulls-Seattle Sounders FC MLS regular season match at Red Bull Arena, the Red Bulls hosted a food drive outside of the stadium’s gates.
- (7) September 24th - Clinic for special needs families with Red Bulls Training Programs: The Red Bulls Training Programs will host a soccer clinic in Central Park for special needs families. (PHOTOS FROM SPECIAL NEEDS CLINIC IN CENTRAL PARK)
- (8) September 25th - NYC Service: Members of the Red Bulls front office and team worked in the Canarsie neighborhood in Brooklyn, NY rebuilding homes.
- (9) September 29nd - Hackensack University Medical Center Visit: Members of the Red Bulls First Team visited patients at Hackensack University Medical Center.
- (10) September 30th - Hospital for Special Surgery Visit: Red Bulls midfielder Dax McCarty visited with pediatric patients at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, NY.
- (11) Event in conjunction with Autism Speaks: The Red Bulls hosted an event with Autism Speaks to raise awareness about autism.