Finance Intern Fall 2015 - New York Red Bulls (Harrison, NJ)
The New York Red Bulls are one of 20 teams in Major League Soccer (MLS). They are one of the ten charter clubs of MLS, having competed in the league since its founding in 1996. They currently play their home matches at Red Bull Arena (RBA) in Harrison, New Jersey. RBA, a state-of-the-art 25,000-seat stadium, is widely regarded as the top soccer-specific stadium in North America. The club is owned by the Austrian beverage company Red Bull for which the team is named. The first team features 2014 MLS Golden Boot Winner Bradley Wright-Phillips, U.S. international Sacha Kljestan, and several players with USMNT experience. The New York Red Bulls offer one of the nation's premier youth soccer development programs, from local soccer partnerships across New York and New Jersey to Regional Development Schools and the Red Bulls Academy teams.
The New York Red Bulls are looking for a motivated and organized college student that will support the Company’s Finance department. This internship is a great opportunity for those interested in pursuing a corporate finance career, particularly in the sports industry. As a Finance Intern, you will have the opportunity to shadow the Finance Director in his day-to-day responsibilities overseeing and managing all financial analysis, statistical reporting, and business planning for the Company. There will be a focus and emphasis on data gathering, financial modeling and analysis, and process management.
We will accommodate your class schedule and coordinate with you to determine weekly working hours. Candidates may be required to work and/or attend Red Bulls regular season and playoff home matches if required by work responsibilities. Note that this may interfere with certain holidays and weekends.
College credit is required for this position
- This will be a fast-paced internship in which you will learn how to monitor and manage the financial operations of a professional sports team and venue. This will include:
- Practically applying basic corporate finance and accounting principles in a real-world, sports industry setting
- Employing best practices with respect to financial reporting and analysis
- Thinking critically and “outside of the box” in developing ad-hoc strategic analyses to support business decisions
- Communicating effectively and working cross-functionally across all business units within the Company
- Becoming an Excel wizard!
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ideal candidate ought to be entrepreneurial, professional, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and external communication (written and oral) skills.
- Must have poise and ability to maintain smooth working relationships with all internal staff and management.
- Must be detail-orientated and have the ability to multi-task in a timely and professional manner.
- Must have basic understanding of and interest in corporate finance, supplemented with strong analytical skills.
- Must have working proficiency with MS Excel (i.e., writing formulas). Familiarity with macros and the management of pivot tables is a plus. You WILL improve your practical Excel skills by the end of this internship!
- Proficiency with the rest of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat is preferred.
- Passion for sports industry and soccer is a plus!
- This internship is uncompensated
- If needed, NYRB will help facilitate the completion of student-provided paperwork for course credit
- Scheduling is flexible, with a 16 hour per week minimum
- Ideally, candidate should make a four month commitment (Sept – Dec), with the opportunity to extend if the he/she performs well
Game Day Volunteer - Group Sales - New York Red Bulls (Harrison, NJ)
The New York Red Bulls are currently seeking hardworking and dedicated individuals to continue to help provide guests with one of the best in stadium experiences in the league. These individuals will be particularly involved with assisting in all Group Sales Activations ranging from activities like player meet and greets, player escorts, etc. Volunteers will aide in setup and completion of each activation from start to finish and will be responsible for instructing groups on game day. All volunteers will act as brand ambassadors for the club and will need to interact with fans in a positive and upbeat manner. Every volunteer must be able to attend all home matches (approximately 17-20) and be available up to three hours prior to kick off.
Each volunteer will be provided with the following (per match):
- New York Red Bulls staff t-shirt
- Match ticket
- Parking pass
- Matchday credential
- Engage with fans and provide accurate information about the New York Red Bulls and Red Bull Arena
- Assist with Group Sales Activations from start to finish
- Represent the Red Bulls organization on match days
- Show professionalism when working closely with first team players
- Create a fun experience through positive fan interactions
- Excellent communication skills
- Display an openness to learning
- Detail-oriented and creative self-starter
- Must use good judgment
- Must be able to work exceptionally well with others in a team environment
- Must be able to work under diverse weather conditions
- Must be able to stand and remain mobile for extended periods of time
- Passion for soccer is preferred
- Knowledge of the New York Red Bulls and Major League Soccer
- Able to perform activities with confidence and manage crowds
- Willing and able to perform physical work
- Must live in NY-Metro area or have reliable transportation
- Must be 18 years or older, college students and graduates preferred
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply
IT Coordinator- Part-time - New York Red Bulls (Harrison, NJ)
Provides varied task and solutions relating to end users of technology systems and services. Support staff on all company supported applications. Troubleshoot computer problems and determine source, and advice on appropriate action. Complete application project-based work. Will trouble shoot problems relating to hardware and software, and address end user issues and concerns as required for appropriate and timely resolutions.
Please note, this is a part time position.
- Maintains responsible use of work area hardware, software, peripheral equipment, tools and test equipment.
- Installs, services, and supports all Level I and some Level 2 helpdesk functions.
- Provides end user support for standardized software installation and use, including training, troubleshooting and problem resolutions,
- Answer staff questions in person, via phone and remotely on all company supported applications.
- Serve as liaison between staff and the technology department to resolve issues.
- Follows and maintains procedures and policies to ensure the security and integrity of systems/networks/resources and company data.
- Work one-on-one with staff on application projects.
- Research and provide recommendations on company application purchase.
- Document resolutions for future references.
- Continually develops and maintains technical skills to ensure high quality levels of technical support for end users.
- Provide computer/phone orientation to new hire staff.
- Various duties will be assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or Finance is preferred, but not required
- An IT certifications or at least 2 -3 years equivalent field experience is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of converged IP phone systems
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected as well as excellent communication, organisational skills and flexibility.
- Must be performance and result oriented
- Individual must be adept at handling sensitive, confidential information.
- This individual should be customer service oriented and provide helpful and courteous service to all vendors and guests.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs
- Must have own transportation and able to visit other sites if needed.
- This person should also be well organized and able to prioritize efficiently.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills and be proficient with the PC, Microsoft Office with very solid Excel and Power Point skills. Additionally, must be familiar with standard office equipment.
Inside Sales Representative - Red Bull New York (Harrison, NJ)
The New York Red Bulls are currently seeking hardworking and passionate individuals who want to become the next sales leaders in the sports industry. These individuals will be placed in a career growth driven program and will be trained and mentored to take the necessary steps to become an integral part of the organization. Every rep will be responsible for generating ticket sales revenue by selling season tickets, partial plans, and group ticket packages for the New York Red Bulls, as well other events at Red Bull Arena. Sales will culminate through cold calls, out of office appointments, and in-arena tours. Previous selling experience is preferred, but is not a contributing factor to the success you can have with this organization. Strong communication and excellent customer service skills are required to be successful in this role. This is a part time position, at the end of which top performing sales reps will be given opportunities to advance their careers within the organization.
- Make a required minimum of 100 sales calls each day
- Responsible for the sale of Full and Partial Season Tickets, and Group Ticket Packages to businesses, consumers, and youth soccer
- Maintain a professional and personal network to proactively seek new business opportunities
- Generate new business leads based on personal research and outreach
- Meet or exceed established monthly revenue goals
- Positively impact the sales culture by exhibiting passion, trust, and selflessness on a daily basis.
- Provide customer service to existing season ticket holder accounts and fans
- Assist with game day activities including sales tables and on field events
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Displays an Openness to Learning
- Strong Interpersonal Skills required
- Previous Job/Internship within the sports industry is preferred
- Ability to work with a team
- Must attend all home games and events at Red Bull Arena. (Nights, Weekends, and possibly Holidays required)
- Strong desire to build a career in sales
- Hourly Wage and Commission provided