On October 4 the New York Red Bulls and Houston Dynamo will square off in their third and final meeting of the MLS regular season. The match is important for both sides, as each club enters the final stretch of the MLS schedule.
Here are some numbers to consider before Saturday’s match.
- 0 – Number of regular season victories for the Houston Dynamo against the Red Bulls at Giants Stadium/Red Bull Arena. Since their first ever match in 2006, New York is undefeated at home (7-0-3).
- 3 – Consecutive matches at home for RBNY. Their opponents for the three-game homestand are Houston on Saturday, Toronto October 11, and Columbus October 19.
- 5 – Amount of goals Bradley Wright-Phillips has scored against the Houston Dynamo in two games this season. In his MLS career, he has six goals in four games vs. Houston.
- 5 – Number of consecutive regular season matches the Red Bulls have gone undefeated in the month of October (3-0-2). Their last loss in October came against the Chicago Fire on October 6, 2012.
- 6 – Consecutive regular season games that the Red Bulls have gone unbeaten (5-0-1) against Houston. Their last regular season defeat to the Dynamo was back on August 3, 2012.
- 15 – Home Goals Difference (HGD) for RBNY, which ties them with Seattle for the fourth best HGD in MLS. New York is unbeaten in their last eight regular-season matches at Red Bull Arena (6-0-2).
- 17 – Career shutouts for Luis Robles as a Red Bull, enough to tie Jon Conway for second all-time. The club record is 25 set by Tony Meola.
Coverage of Saturday’s game at Red Bull Arena in Harrison, N.J. will begin at 6:00 p.m. (TV: NBC Sports). Tickets are still available for the match by calling 1.877.727.6223 or online purchase.