Join the Red Bulls' Movember Team and Help Kick Cancer
Tis that time of year once again when men around the world are encouraged to grow, and women encouraged to support, the growing of majestic, illustrious, eye-brow raising mustaches, all in the name of charity!
Beginning on November 1st, MLS W.O.R.K.S. will kick off Soccer Kicks Cancer’s Movember 2012 campaign. We're looking for a few good men and women to join Dax McCarty and Heath Pearce as part of the Red Bulls Movember team!
So what is Movember? Glad you asked. Movember is the annual mustache-growing campaign that takes place during the month of November that allows for the added research and fundraising for male cancer, particularly prostate and testicular cancer. The global men's health charity encourages men to grow and women to support the Mo (moustache) for the 30 days of November.
It’s easy to register:
(1) Visit this link: http://us.movember.com/team/421425
(2) Click Join to register
(3) Once you’re registered you can take advantage of Movember’s available resources to customize your MO SPACE page and solicit additional members to join your team and support
Here are the rules:
(1) Once registered on the New York Red Bulls Movember page each Mo Bro must begin the 1st of November with a clean shaven face,
(2) For the entire month of Movember, each Mo Bro must grow and groom a moustache.
(3) There is no joining at the side burns - that is a beard
(4) There is to be no joining at the bottom of the chin - that is a goatee
MLS W.O.R.K.S. will match funds raised by the highest individual fundraiser in the MLS Network (individual person, not team). The highest fundraiser will also receive the Soccer Kicks Cancer Prize Pack, which includes:
One (1) $500 VISA Gift Card
One (1) Panasonic Shave Kit (includes 5-cutting blade system shaver, Body Shaver, Beard & Hair Trimmer and Nose & Ear Trimmer – a $785 value)
One (1) copy of FIFA Soccer 13