ACADEMY: Goalkeeper Santiago Castano called in for USMNT U-20 NTC Invitational Tournament
HARRISON, NJ – New York Red Bulls goalkeeper Santiago Castano was called in by United States Men’s National Team U-20 head coach Tab Ramos as part of a 20-man roster that will compete in the 2014 NTC Invitational Tournament at the National Training Center in Carson, California, from July 14-18.
The U-20 team will compete in games against Chile, Bermuda and Australia. The final game against Australia on July 18 will be broadcast live on ussoccer.com.
This will be Castano’s fourth appearance on the USMNT U-20 roster. Most recently, Castano helped the U-20 squad to a second-place finish in the Gordon Jago Super Group at the 2014 Dallas Cup earlier this year in its last international competition.
Castano also appeared in two unofficial games during camp in Italy in November, 2013. The 19-year-old started against Atalanta U-21 and came on as substitute against Hellas Verona U-21.
After the conclusion of the NTC Invitational, Ramos and his staff will look to assemble the team again in early September for an international training camp.
- July 14 AUS v BER | 1 p.m. | Mooch Myernick Field
- USA v CHI | 4 p.m. | Mooch Myernick Field
- July 16 AUS v CHI | 1 p.m. | Mooch Myernick Field
- USA v BER | 4 p.m. | Mooch Myernick Field
- July 18 BER v CHI | 4 p.m. | StubHub Center
- USA v AUS | 7 p.m. | StubHub Center
Roster by Position:
- GOALKEEPERS (2): Santiago Castano (New York Red Bulls; Union City, N.J.), Zack Steffen (Maryland; Downington, Pa.)
- DEFENDERS (7): Michael Amick (UCLA; Sunnyvale, Calif.), Conor Donovan (Carolina RailHawks Academy; Fuquay Varina, N.C.), Chris Odoi-Atsem (Maryland; Mitchellville, Md.), Shaquell Moore (FC Dallas; Powder Springs, Ga.), John Requejo Jr. (Club Tijuana; Carpinteria, Calif.), Caleb Smith (Solar Chelsea SC; Arlington, Texas), Jesus Vasquez (UANL Tigres; San Luis Obispo, Calif.)
- MIDFIELDERS (6): Fernando Arce (Club Tijuana; Chula Vista, Calif.), Russell Canouse (TSG Hoffenheim; Lancaster, Pa.), Marco Delgado (Chivas USA; Glendora, Calif.), Romain Gall (Lorient; Herndon, Va.), Lynden Gooch (Sunderland; Santa Cruz, Calif.), Jacori Hayes (Wake Forest; Bowie, Md.)
- FORWARDS (5): Paul Arriola (Club Tijuana; Chula Vista, Calif.), Bradford Jamieson (LA Galaxy II; Los Angeles, Calif.), Benji Lopez (Arizona United SC; San Diego, Calif.), Andrija Novakovich (Reading; Muskego, Wis.), Zach Pfeffer (Philadelphia Union; Dresher, Pa.)