Red Bulls to host annual 11 days of service in September
HARRISON, NJ (August 29th, 2014) – The New York Red Bulls will hold their annual “11 Days of Service” in the month of September in conjunction with September 11 – the national day of service and remembrance. Red Bulls players, staff and fans were able to give back to the community via the different events as listed below.
- (1) September 2nd - Ronald McDonald House: Members of the Red Bulls front office and team will meet the families staying at the Ronald McDonald House in New York City and serve dinner.
- (2) September 6th - Special Olympics Unified Match - Special Olympics NJ will face on Special Olympics KS: Following the New York Red Bulls-Sporting Kansas City MLS regular season match, teams from Special Olympics New Jersey and Special Olympics Kansas will play on the pitch at Red Bull Arena. Fans attending the Red Bulls-Sporting KC match are able to stay and cheer on both teams.
- (3) September 11th - Community FoodBank of NJ: Members of the Red Bulls front office and team will help assemble food boxes for seniors, put together inserts for the FoodBank’s Kids’ Back Pack program and work in the Tools 4 Schools Resource Center.
- (4) September 15th - Covenant House BBQ: Members of the Red Bulls front office and team will serve dinner to the homeless youth that the Covenant House (located in Newark, NJ) serve.
- (5) September 20th - Childhood Cancer Awareness Game
- (6) September 20th - Food Drive with Community FoodBank of NJ: At the Red Bulls-Seattle Sounders FC MLS regular season match at Red Bull Arena, the Red Bulls will host a food drive outside of the stadium’s gates. Fans attending are encouraged to bring canned food items.
- (7) September 24th - Clinic for special needs families with Red Bulls Training Programs: The Red Bulls Training Programs will host a soccer clinic in Central Park for special needs families.
- (8) September 25th - NYC Service: Members of the Red Bulls front office and team will work in the Canarsie neighborhood in Brooklyn, NY rebuilding homes.
- (9) September 29nd - Hackensack University Medical Center Visit: Members of the Red Bulls First Team will visit patients at Hackensack University Medical Center.
- (10) September 30th - Hospital for Special Surgery Visit: Red Bulls midfielder Dax McCarty will visit with pediatric patients at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, NY.
- (11) Event in conjunction with Autism Speaks (date TBC): The Red Bulls will be hosting an event with Autism Speaks to raise awareness about autism.