To close out 2013, we asked Red Bulls fans to re-visit the top 10 moments of the season, featuring some of the best plays, games, and performances from the Supporters' Shield championship season. Then we asked you to rank those moments from 1-10.
Many of you answered the call, and now it's time to find out how you voted with the publication of the top three moments.
The top moment of 2013 was, to be honest, an easy decision. For a club with 18 years of history in a league filled with parity, the end to an agonizing wait for a league-wide championship was a no-brainer as the season's most memorable moment. So, of course, the No. 1 moment of the New York Red Bulls' 2013 season is the night the Red Bulls clinched the MLS Supporters' Shield championship at home in front of a raucous crowd on October 27. It was, quite simply, the finest moment in club history, one to savor and remember.
Take a look back at the Red Bulls' finest hour(s):
Thank you for voting and for reading about the top moments from the 2013 season. Make sure you don't miss a single moment of 2014 with Red Bulls season tickets, on sale now.
Red Bulls Top Moments of 2013:
5. May 19 - Tim Cahill header in stopage time sinks LA Galaxy
4. Oct. 20 - Tim Cahill's goal in 8 seconds at Houston
3. May 8 - Thierry Henry bicycle kick goal vs. Montreal
2. July 27 - Dax McCarty completes comeback vs. Real Salt Lake
1. October 27 - Red Bulls win Supporters' Shield championship