The New York Red Bulls (7-5-3, 24 pts) cruised past Real Salt Lake (6-7-1, 19 pts), 4-0 on Saturday at Red Bull Arena. New York is unbeaten in their last five matches (4-0-1) and have won six of their last eight games (6-1-1).
- Prior to Saturday's match, New York had not scored a goal against RSL in the last two matches. New York scored four goals in a 25-minute span in the second half.
- This is the 22nd time New York has tallied four goals or more at Red Bull Arena in a league match.
- Michael Amir Murillo was able to break the scoreless tie as he sent a ball towards net that was redirected by RSL's Marcelo Silva for an own goal in the 58th minute.
- Seconds late, Sean Davis connected with Kaku, who threaded a pass into the box forDaniel Royer. Royer took two touches and finished to the far post to double the lead in the 59th minute.
- Murillo, again, threatened inside the box as he dribbled towards the middle and finished in a crowded space to raise the lead to three, 3-0, in the 64th minute.
- For the second-straight match, Omir Fernandez came on as a sub and score to give New York a 4-0 win.
- Royer scored his 27th career league goal to surpass John Wolyniec for seventh on the franchise's scoring list.
- Murillo became the 16th different player to score a goal in a league match. New York had 14 different scorers in all of 2018.
- Captain and goalkeeper Luis Robles recorded three saves for his second consecutive clean sheet and 67th career.
- Robles tallied his 107th league win to move into a tie with Scott Garlick for seventh all-time in MLS.
- Five of the last 13 goals have been scored via a Red Bulls defender.
- New York is 36-44-21 all-time in the month of June. New York has scored 141 goals in June and allowed 157.
- New York next heads South down I-95 to face the Philadelphia Union on Saturday, June 8 at Talen Energy Stadium. Kickoff is slated for 7:30 p.m. ET with coverage on MSG, MSG Go and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.
NY - Marcelo Silva (OG) 58'
NY - Daniel Royer (Kaku, Davis) 59'
NY - Michael Amir Murillo (unassisted) 64'
NY - Omir Fernandez (Ivan, Murillo) 83'
RSL - Nedum Onouha (caution, unsporting behavior) 15'
New York Red Bulls: Luis Robles (C); Amro Tarek, (Sean Nealis, 73') Tim Parker, Kemar Lawrence, Michael Amir Murillo, Marc Rzatkowski, Kaku, Alex Muyl (Andreas Ivan, , Sean Davis, Daniel Royer (Omir Fernandez, 78'), Brian White
TOTAL SHOTS: 19; SHOTS ON GOAL: 9; FOULS: 10; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 3
Real Salt Lake: Nick Rimando :copyright:; Brooks Lennon, Marcelo Silva, Nedum Onuoha, Aaron Herrera, Everton Luiz, Nick Besler (Kyle Beckerman, HT), Jefferson Savarino, Sam Johnson, Sebastian Saucedo, Corey Baird
TOTAL SHOTS: 10; SHOTS ON GOAL: 3; FOULS: 13; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 2; SAVES: 6
Referee: Armando Villarreal
Assistant Referees: Logan Brown, Tom Felice
4th Official: Elton Garcia
VAR: Edvin Jurisevic