New York Red Bulls II 1, Loudoun United FC 2
2020 USL Championship Regular-Season Match 7
Wednesday, August 12, 2020 – 7 p.m. ET
Red Bull Arena | Harrison, NJ
LDN – Theodore Ku-Dipietro (unassisted) 45+4’
LDN – Elvis Amoh (PK) 65’
NY – Preston Kilwien (Jake LaCava) 79’
NY – Wallis Lapsley (ejection, DOGSO) 15’
LDN – Elvis Amoh (caution, foul) 60’
LDN – Timmy Miehl (caution, dissent) 80’
LDN – Peabo Doue (caution, foul) 85’
NY – Edgardo Rito (caution, dissent) 90+1’
NY – Preston Kilwien (caution, foul) 90+5’
New York Red Bulls II: Wallis Lapsley; Edgardo Rito, Preston Kilwien, Joe Fala (Bo Cummins, 73’), John Tolkin (Samad Bounthong, 74’), Chris Lema, Daniel Edelman; Cherif Dieye (Alex Bobocea, 17’), Caden Clark (Barry Sharifi, 59’), Dantouma Toure, Sebastian Elney © (Jake LaCava, 60’)
TOTAL SHOTS: 11; SHOTS ON GOAL: 5; FOULS: 17; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 4
Loudoun United FC: Colin Miller; Shane Wiedt, Jacob Greene, Allexon Saravia, Timmy Mehl, Theodore Ku-Dipietro (Brandon Williamson, 56’), Kairou Amoustapha (Peabo Doue, 83’), Nelson Martinez, Michael Gamble (Massimo Ferrin, 55’), Elvis Amoh (Jeremy Garay, 66’), Alioune Ndour (Josh Fawole, 56’)
TOTAL SHOTS: 17; SHOTS ON GOAL: 6; FOULS: 19; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 4; SAVES: 4
Referee: Jeremy Scheer
Assistant Referees: Zeno Cho, Tyler Wyrostek
Fourth Official: Kenneth Rojas
Attendance: closed door
- New York Red Bulls II (2-5-0, 6 pts) fell to Loudoun United FC on Wednesday night at Red Bull Arena, 2-1.
- New York fell behind 2-0 after going down a man in the 15th minute when goalkeeper Wallis Lapsley was sent off for a handball outside of the penalty area that denied a goalscoring opportunity.
- Current Red Bulls Academy goalkeeper Alex Bobocea got his first professional minutes after replacing Lapsley, making four saves.
- Bobocea was one of four current Red Bulls Academy players to feature in the match, with Dantouma “Yaya” Toure and Daniel Edelman starting, and Bo Cummins making a substitute appearance. It was Toure’s first start in a professional match.
- Loudoun scored in first half stoppage time and added one from the penalty spot in the second half.
- Preston Kilwien pulled one back for NYRB II, cutting through the defense for his first goal of the season in the 79th minute.
- Chris Lema, on loan from New York Red Bulls, started the match, tying Jared Stroud for most games played in NYRB II history.
- NYRB II faces a quick turnaround, with a trip to Connecticut to face Hartford Athletic on Saturday, August 15.