Best 20 in 20
In honor of the club’s 20th Major League Soccer season, throughout the 2015 season the New York Red Bulls recognized the moments and the players that have shaped and molded the club’s history.
The fans had the opportunity to vote for the 20 best players in the past 20 seasons of the franchise. Thousands of votes were cast and today the illustrious group is visible on a red ring of honor located on the West side of Red Bull Arena.
Best 20 in 20
- Goalkeepers: Mike Ammann, Tony Meola
- Defenders: Rhett Harty, Steve Jolley, Mike Petke, Eddie Pope, Seth Stammler
- Midfielders: Mark Chung, Roberto Donadoni, Eddie Gaven, Amado Guevara, Clint Mathis, Tab Ramos, Dave van den Bergh
- Forwards: Juan Pablo Angel, Youri Djorkaeff, Thierry Henry, Giovanni Saverese, Adolfo Valencia, John Wolyniec
The Red Beams
Located on the North side of Red Bull Arena, some of the best moments in Red Bulls history have been memorialized on marked red beams. Established in 2017, 13 beams stand to honor our history. Click here to learn more about each individual beam.
- Jan. 3, 1995: Tab Ramos Signs with MLS as First Player in League History & Joins MetroStars
- April 13, 1996: The MetroStars Face LA Galaxy at the Rose Bowl in Front of 69,255 Fans
- April 20, 1996: The MetroStars Play New England Revolution at Giants Stadium Before 46,826 Fans
- Aug. 18, 2007: A Home-Record Crowd of 66,237 See The New York Red Bulls Knock Off LA Galaxy, 5-4
- Nov. 15, 2008: New York Red Bulls Clinch First Conference Championship & First MLS Cup Final Berth
- March 20, 2010: New York Red Bulls Play Santos FC in Front of 25,000 Fans For Arena Opener
- March 27, 2010: New York Red Bulls Face Chicago Fire Before 24,572 Fans For MLS Home Opener
- June 24, 2013: New York Red Bulls Have Their First Practice at The New Red Bulls Training Facility
- Oct. 27, 2013: New York Red Bulls Defeat Chicago Fire 5-2 to Win Club's First Supporters' Shield
- Jan. 21, 2015: New York Red Bulls Acquire The Rights to a USL Franchise Named New York Red Bulls II
- March 19, 2015: 16-Year-Old Tyler Adams Becomes the First New York Red Bulls II Signing
- Oct. 25, 2015: New York Red Bulls Beat Chicago Fire 2-1 to Win Club's Second Supporters' Shield
- Oct. 23, 2016: New York Red Bulls II Win USL Cup
The Red Seat
The lone Red Seat in the South Ward signifies the Red Bulls’ first goal scored at Red Bull Arena by Joel Lindpere. The seat is housed specifically in Section 101, Row 11, Seat 20. Section 101 represents the arena’s first game, Row 11 marks the minute of the game in which the goal was scored, and Seat 20 identifies the goal scorer, No. 20, Joel Lindpere.
On Nov. 8, 2015, prior to the Red Bulls' playoff match against D.C. United, the club unveiled a special addition to the Red Seat. Following the passing of Empire Supporters Club member Mike Vallo, the Red Seat's No. 20 was replaced by the initials "MV" to honor the memory of Vallo, who called section 101 at Red Bull Arena home.