NEW YORK CITY FC vs NEW YORK RED BULLS
YANKEE STADIUM, Bronx, N.Y.
June 28, 2015 (WEEK 17, MLS Game #175)
4:30 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN Deportes, TSN5)
- The teams are meeting for the second time this season. In the first matchup between the cross-river rivals, Bradley Wright-Phillips scored a pair of goals to lead the Red Bulls to a 2-1 win May 10 at Red Bull Arena. The final league encounter this season is set for Aug. 9 in Harrison.
- New York City FC extended their winning streak to three games – the only winning streak the club has enjoyed since coming to MLS – following their 2-0 win at Toronto FC on Saturday evening.
- David Villa scored a pair of goals in the same game for the first time in his MLS career, netting both goals in the TFC victory. Villa has six goals in MLS play this season, tied for ninth-most in the league.
- Anatole Abang scored for a second consecutive game – his second career MLS goal in his ninth appearance – in the Red Bulls’ 2-1 home loss to Vancouver, their fourth consecutive defeat.
- They rebounded with a 1-0 win over Real Salt Lake on Wednesday night at Red Bull Arena, with Mike Grella scoring in the fourth minute to provide the only goal.