New York Red Bulls 0, New York City FC 2
Saturday, June 24 2017 – 1:30 p.m. ET
Red Bull Arena | Harrison, N.J.
NYC – Jack Harrison 7 (Ben Sweat, Rodney Wallace) 33’
NYC – Ben Sweat 1 (Alexander Ring) 65’
NY – Michael Amir Murillo (caution, foul) 11'
NYC – Maxime Chanot (caution, foul) 20’
NYC – Thomas McNamara (caution, foul) 28’
NY – Alex Muyl (caution, simulation) 77’
NYC – Alexander Ring (caution, foul) 84’
NY – Kemar Lawrence (caution, foul) 90+5’
New York Red Bulls: Luis Robles; Kemar Lawrence, Aaron Long, Aurelien Collin, Michael Amir Murillo (Sal Zizzo, 60’), Tyler Adams (Sean Davis, 82’), Felipe, Sacha Kljestan ©, Daniel Royer (Gonzalo Veron, 60’), Alex Muyl, Bradley Wright-Phillips
TOTAL SHOTS: 10; SHOTS ON GOAL: 1; FOULS: 19; OFFSIDE: 0; CORNER KICKS: 4; SAVES: 4
New York City FC: Sean Johnson; Maxime Chanot, RJ Allen, Ben Sweat, Alexander Callens, Jack Harrison, Rodney Wallace (Ronald Matarrita, 74’), Alexander Ring, Thomas McNamara (Mikey Lopez, 90’), Yangel Herrera, David Villa © (Sean Okoli, 83’)
TOTAL SHOTS: 13; SHOTS ON GOAL: 6; FOULS: 18; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 6; SAVES: 1
Referee: Alan Kelly
Referee's Assistants: Matthew Nelson, Adam Wienckowski
4th Official: Marcos DeOliveira
- The New York Red Bulls fell short in the first of three MLS New York Derbies, as New York City FC defeated New York, 2-0 on Saturday at Red Bull Arena.
- The Red Bulls fell to 7-8-2, while NYCFC improved to 9-5-3.
- It was the first time in a New York Derby that NYCFC garnered a win at Red Bull Arena. The Red Bulls were previously unbeaten in the four matches at RBA, three in MLS and this year’s U.S. Open Cup match.
- NYCFC grabbed an early 1-0 lead off the foot of Jack Harrison in the 33rd minute.
- Off a free kick, NYCFC’s Ben Sweat headed in the insurance goal in the 65th minute.
- Despite allowing two goals, Luis Robles recorded a game-high four saves to improve his career total 467.
- The Red Bulls own a 5-2-0 all-time record over New York City FC.
- New York is 33-42-20 all-time in the Month of June.
- New York has scored 130 goals in the month of June, and allowed 152.
- New York hosts the Philadelphia Union in the U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 at Red Bull Arena on June 28. Kickoff set for 8 p.m. and will be streamed on NewYorkRedBulls.com.