New York Red Bulls II 5, Charleston Battery 2
USL Regular Season: Match 3
Saturday, March 31, 2018 – 1 p.m. ET
Red Bull Arena | Harrison, N.J.
NY – Brian White (PK 42’)
NY – Andrew Tinari (Brian White 47’)
NY – Ben Mines (Brian White 50’)
Charleston – Tah Arunga (56’)
NY – Amando Moreno (Andrew Tinari 61’)
NY – Amando Moreno (Ethan Kutler 66’)
CHS – Tah Arunga (78’)
NY – Cristian Casseres (caution) 41’
Charleston – Ian Svantesson (caution) 55’
NYRBII: Evan Louro; Niko De Vera, Jordan Scarlett, Hassan Ndam, Ethan Kutler, Steven Echevarria, Cristian Casseres (José Aguinaga 65’), Andrew Tinari, Amando Moreno (Jared Stroud 80’), Brian White (Stefano Bonomo 75’), Ben Mines
TOTAL SHOTS: 21; SHOTS ON GOAL: 9; FOULS: 13; OFFSIDE: 5; CORNER KICKS: 6; SAVES: 6
Charleston: Odinsel Cooper; Quentin Griffith (Jay Bolt 68’), Taylor Mueller (Kelly Rosales 86’), Skylar Thomas, Jarad Van Shaik,Tah Anunga, Neveal Hackshaw (Vincenzo Candela 53’), Victor Mansaray, Gordon Wild, Ataulla Guerra, Ian Svantesson
TOTAL SHOTS: 16; SHOTS ON GOAL: 10; FOULS: 17; OFFSIDE: 4; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 4
- New York Red Bulls II recorded their second win of the season and second straight home win notching five goals past Charleston at Red Bull Arena
- In the 42nd minute, New York won a penalty kick after Ben Mines was brought down in the box. Brian White stepped up and converted from the spot scoring his second goal in as many weeks.
- Two minutes into the second half, Brian White recovered the ball after having an initial shot blocked then found Andrew Tinari in the box who fired it into the back of the net doubling New York’s lead.
- In the 50th minute, Ben Mines scored his first goal of the 2018 USL season finding the ball in the box after Brian White flicked the ball to him off a set piece.
- Tah Arunga scored a brace for Charleston with goals coming in the 56th minute and 78th minute.
- Armando Moreno scored his first two career USL goals, the first via an assist from Andrew Tinari in the 61st minute, and the second off a long aerial assist from Ethan Kutler in the 66th minute.
- Cristian Casseres, Jr. made his first career USL start logging 65 minutes before being substituted by José Aguinaga, who also made his USL debut playing 25 minutes.
- After today’s victory, NYRB II have outscored Charleston, 9-2, in their last two meetings.
- Following Saturday's match, NYRB II brought their total number of shots to 63 for an average of 21 shots per game.