New York Red Bulls II 1, Richmond Kickers 1
USL Regular Season: Match 4
Saturday, April 7, 2018 – 5 p.m. ET
City Stadium | Richmond, VA
RIC – Brian Shriver (17’)
NY – Jose Aguinaga (Cristian Casseres, Jr. 69’)
NY – Amando Moreno (caution) 34’
RIC – Scott Thomson (caution) 42’
NY – Jordan Scarlett (caution) 57’
RIC – Alex Lee (caution) 62’
NYRB II: Evan Louro; Niko De Vera, Jordan Scarlett, Hassan Ndam, Ethan Kutler, Steven Echevarria (Jose Aguinaga 13’), Cristian Casseres, Jr., Andrew Tinari, Amando Moreno (Jared Stroud 79’), Stefano Bonomo (Brian White 75’), Ben Mines
TOTAL SHOTS: 20; SHOTS ON GOAL: 7; FOULS: 6; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 7; SAVES: 1
RIC: Travis Worra, Scott Thomsen, Braeden Troyer, Conor Shanosky, Alex Lee, Yudai Imura, Koby Osei-Wusu, Neil Hlavaty (84’ - William Yomby), Luiz Fernando (63’ - Heviel Cordovés), Raul Gonzalez, Brian Shriver (90’ - Matt Bolduc)
TOTAL SHOTS: 5; SHOTS ON GOAL: 2; FOULS: 9; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 7; SAVES: 6
- New York Red Bulls II drew Richmond at City Stadium Saturday evening, their first road point of the season.
- NYRB II midfielder Steven Echevarria left the match in the seventh minute after after sustaining a hard foul from a Richmond player.
- Richmond opened the scoring in the 17th minute off the foot of Brian Shriver, sending a free kick past a diving Evan Louro.
- New York amassed six corners in the final 20 minutes of the first half but were unable to find the equalizer before the half.
- In the 58th minute, Louro stopped a free kick heading for the back of the net to keep NYRB II in the match.
- In the 69th minute, Jose Aguinaga scored his career USL pro goal that equalized the match. The ball came from Cristian Casseres, Jr., who also recorded his first career USL pro assist on the play.
- The game winner nearly came in the 89th minute via the foot of substitute Jared Stroud off a one-time volley that forced Richmond’s Travis Worra into a save.
- With 20 shots on the match, NYRB II has amassed 84 shots over the course of four matches, tops in the USL.
- New York returns to Red Bull Arena on Saturday, April 14 as a part of a MLS-USL doubleheader with the First Team facing the Montreal Impact at 1 p.m. ET followed by NYRB II vs. the Tampa Bay Rowdies at 4 p.m. ET.