New York Red Bulls II 5, Tampa Bay Rowdies 0
2018 USL Regular Season Match 4
Saturday, April 14, 2018 – 4 p.m. ET
Red Bull Arena | Harrison, N.J.
Box Score: https://www.uslsoccer.com/newyorkredbullsii-tampabayrowdies-971290
NY – Fidel Escobar 1 (Carlos Rivas) 18’
NY – Jose Aguinaga 2 (Stefano Bonomo) 53’
NY – Stefano Bonomo 1 (Amando Moreno) 61’
NY – Brian White 2 (Stefano Bonomo) 84’
NY – Brian White 3 (Jared Stroud) 90’
TB – Joe Cole (caution, argument) 25’
NY – Fidel Escobar (caution, argument) 25’
NY – Cristian Casseres, Jr. (caution, foul) 28’
TB – Jack Blake (caution, foul) 77’
NY – Christopher Lema (caution, foul) 85’
New York Red Bulls II: Evan Louro; Ethan Kutler, Niko De Vera, Fidel Escobar, Hassan Ndam, Cristian Casseres, Jr., Amando Moreno, Andrew Tinari ©, Jose Aguinaga (Jared Stroud, 84’), Carlos Rivas (Brian White, 74’), Stefano Bonomo
TOTAL SHOTS: 10; SHOTS ON GOAL: 6; FOULS: 12; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 4; SAVES: 2
Tampa Bay Rowdies: Cody Mizell; David Najem (Ivan Magalhaes, 23’), Zac Portillos, Hunter Gorskie, Neill Collins, Jack Blake, Junior Flemmings (Sebastian Guenzatti, 62’), Joe Cole © (Jochen Graf, 75’), Marcel Shafer, Leo Fernandes, Georgi Hristov
TOTAL SHOTS: 11; SHOTS ON GOAL: 2; FOULS: 15; OFFSIDE: 5; CORNER KICKS: 4; SAVES: 1
- New York Red Bulls II (3-1-1, 9 pts) put on a scoring clinic as they defeated the Tampa Bay Rowdies (3-2-0, 6 pts), 5-0, on Saturday at Red Bull Arena.
- NYRB II stayed perfect at Red Bull Arena, improving to 3-0-0. Red Bulls II have outscored their opponents, 12-3, at home this season.
- New York’s first and second team are a combined 6-0-0 at Red Bull Arena in their respective league plays this year.
- Red Bulls II opened the scoring off a corner kick in the 18th minute via New York’s first team loanees. Carlos Rivas took possession of the corner kick and swung it back in for Fidel Escobar, who finished near post in the 18th minute.
- Holding onto a 1-0 lead into the second half, Ethan Kutler sent a through ball into the 18-yard box for Stefano Bonomo, who passed back to Jose Aguinaga at the top of the box. Aguinaga hit a perfect one-timer that curled to the far post to double the lead in the 53rd minute.
- Bonomo then got himself on the scoresheet as he sent his shot just underneath the cross bar in the 61st minute for his first of the season.
- MLS Superdraft First Rounder Brian White came on in the 74th minute for Rivas and bagged a brace in a six-minute span to cap the match off.
- Evan Louro tallied a game-best two saves for his first clean sheet of the season.
- Aguinaga has now tallied a goal in back-to-back matches
- Bonomo led the match with a goal and two assists.
- White recorded his first career USL brace.
- Escobar tallied his first career USL goal.
- New York is unbeaten in their last three matches and outscored their opponents, 11-3.
- Red Bulls II will hit the road as they travel to face LA Galaxy II on Sunday, April 22 at StubHub Center. Kickoff is slated for 5:30 p.m. ET.