New York Red Bulls II 0, Ottawa Fury FC 0
2018 USL Regular Season Match 8
Wednesday, May 2, 2018 – 10:30 a.m. ET
TD Place | Ottawa, ON, Canada
OTT – Adonijah Reid (caution, handball) 24’
OTT – Eddie Edward (caution) 54’
OTT – Chris Mannella (red card, violent conduct) 66’
NY – Benjamin Mines (caution) 83’
OTT – Carl Hawaorth (caution) 90’+1
New York Red Bulls II: Ryan Meara ©, Niko De Vera, Kevin Politz, Fidel Escobar, Lucas Stauffer (Ethan Kutler, 75th minute), Andrew Tinari, Cristian Casseres, Jr., Vincent Bezecourt, Alex Muyl (Amando Moreno, 80th minute), Ben Mines, Derrick Etienne, Jr. (Brian White, 64th minute)
TOTAL SHOTS: 16; SHOTS ON GOAL: 7; FOULS: 14; OFFSIDE: 3; CORNER KICKS: 12; SAVES: 2
Ottawa Fury FC: Maxime Crepeau; Onua Obassi (Thomas Meilleur-Giguere, 31st minute), Doneil Henry, Eddie Edward, Colin Falvey, Jamar Dixon, Chris Mannella, Kevin Oliveria, Adonijah Reid, Gerardo Bruna (Cristian Portilla, 70th minute), Tony Taylor (Carl Haworth, 45th minute)
TOTAL SHOTS: 5; SHOTS ON GOAL: 2; FOULS: 23; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 2; SAVES: 7
- New York Red Bulls II (3-1-4, 13 points) and Ottawa Fury FC (0-4-2, 2 points) played to a scoreless draw in Ottawa, Canada, extending their unbeaten run to six games.
- NYRB II defender Lucas Stauffer made his USL pro debut with the club, logging 75 minutes before being subbed off for Ethan Kutler.
- First Team players Vincent Bezecourt, Derrick Etienne, Jr., Ryan Meara and Alex Muyl were all loaned down for the midweek match making their first USL appearances of the 2018 season.
- Meara started and recorded a clean sheet, NYRB II’s second consecutive match with one and third on the season.
- Ottawa’s Chris Mannella was issued a straight red in the 66th minute for violent conduct against Andrew Tinari.
- In the third minute of stoppage time, Cristian Casseres, Jr. nearly found the match winner sending a shot onto frame but his effort hit side netting.
- NYRB II return home to Red Bull Arena Sunday and welcome league-newcomer Nashville SC. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. ET.