Louisville City FC 3, New York Red Bulls II 3
2018 USL Regular Season Match 17
Saturday, June 30, 2018 – 7:30 p.m. ET
Louisville Slugger Field | Louisville, Kentucky
LOU – Cameron Lancaster (unassisted) 8’
LOU – Cameron Lancaster (Kyle Smith) 36’
NY – Brian White (Andrew Tinari) 49’
NY – Cristian Casseres, Jr. (PK) 64’
NY – Tom Barlow (José Aguinaga) 87’
LOU – Magnus Rasmussen (Oscar Jimenez) 90+5’
NY – Hassan Ndam (caution) 20’
LOU – Alexis Souahy (caution) 28’
LOU – Brian Ownby (caution) 40’
LOU – Paolo DelPiccolo (caution) 45+5’
LOU – Greg Ranjitsingh (caution) 64’
LOU – Niall McCabe (caution) 67’
Louisville City FC: Greg Ranjitsingh, Paolo DelPiccolo, Alexis Souahy, Sean Totsch, Cameron Lancaster, Brian Ownby (Magnus Rasmussen, 58th minute), Pat McMahon (Shaun Francis, 79th minute), Oscar Jimenez, George Davis IV (Niall McCabe, 58th minute), Kyle Smith, Speedy Williams
TOTAL SHOTS: 14; SHOTS ON GOAL: 8; FOULS: 19; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 1
New York Red Bulls II: Scott Levene, Niko De Vera, Kevin Politz, Hassan Ndam, Lucas Stauffer, Chris Lema, Cristian Casseres, Jr., Andrew Tinari (Jordan Scarlett, 89th minute), Amando Moreno (Tom Barlow, 61st minute), Jared Stroud, Brian White (José Aguinaga, 83rd minute)
TOTAL SHOTS: 23; SHOTS ON GOAL: 4; FOULS: 6; OFFSIDE: 0; CORNER KICKS: 15; SAVES: 5
- New York Red Bulls II (5-5-7, 22 points) went on the road and drew the defending USL Champions, Louisville City FC (7-5-3, 26 points), 3-3, at Louisville Slugger Field on Saturday night.
- The match was a special occasion for both teams, serving as a rematch of the past two USL Eastern Conference Finals.
- Cameron Lancaster opened the scoring for Louisville in the eighth minute and would double his tally in the 36th. Louisville’s Magnus Rasmussen scored the game-tying goal in the fifth minute of extra time to split the points between the sides.
- A Brian White header in the 49th minute put NYRB II back in the game. It was his sixth of the season.
- Cristian Casseres, Jr. converted his penalty attempt in the 64th minute levelling the score for the moment.
- Tom Barlow notched his second career goal off pretty combination play atop of the 18 to put New York ahead 3-2 at the time.
- The result marks only the second time Louisville have dropped points at home this season, previously drawing with Penn FC, 3-3, on June 16th.
- NYRB II will look to build on the result as they return home to MSU Soccer Park for a three-game homestand starting with Atlanta United 2 this Friday, July 6th. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. ET.