New York Red Bulls II (6), Atlanta United 2 (1)
2018 USL Regular Season Match 18
Friday, July 6, 2018 – 7 p.m. ET
MSU Soccer Park | Montclair, New Jersey
NY – Chris Lema 1 17’
NY – Amando Moreno 7 30’
NY – Ethan Kutler 1 56’
NY – Hassan Ndam 1 71’
NY – Andrew Tinari 5 73’
ATL – Jordan Scarlett (OG) 81’
NY – Cristian Casseres Jr. 3 90’+
ATL – Shawn Nicklaw (Caution) 70’
ATL – Andrew Kendall-Moullin (Caution) 90’
New York Red Bulls II: Evan Louro; Ethan Kutler (Lucas Stauffer, 74th minute), Hassan Ndam, Jordan Scarlett, Niko De Vera, Chris Lema, Andrew Tinari, Cristian Casseres Jr., Ben Mines (Jared Stroud, 55th minute), Amando Moreno, Brian White (Tom Barlow, 73rd minute)
TOTAL SHOTS: 28; SHOTS ON GOAL: 12; FOULS: 14; OFFSIDE: 5; CORNER KICKS: 14; SAVES: 4
Atlanta United 2: Paul Christensen; Jose Hernandez, AJ Cochran, Andrew Kendall-Moullin, Shawn Nicklaw, Jon Gallagher, Oliver Shannon, Jack Metcalf (Christopher Goslin, 46th minute), Laurent Kissiedou (Alessandro Castro, 76th minute), Yosef Samuel, Devon Sandoval
TOTAL SHOTS: 7; SHOTS ON GOAL: 3; FOULS: 12; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 1
- New York Red Bulls II (6-5-7, 25 points) obtained their second victory of the season at MSU Soccer Park as they beat Atlanta United 2 (2-9-5, 23 points), 6-1, Saturday, ending their four-game winless streak.
- Chris Lema, Ethan Kutler and Hassan Ndam scored their first goals of the season. Lema tapped in a rebound off the post in the 17th minute, Kutler fired a long range shot in the 56th minute and Ndam right footed a shot to the bottom right corner in the 71st minute.
- Ndam became the second defender to score for NYRB II this season.
- Amando Moreno scored his team-leading seventh goal of the season in the 30th minute after tapping in a loose ball left in the penalty area.
- Cristian Casseres Jr. scored for his second consecutive game via the penalty spot, in stoppage time.
- Jared Stroud tallied his sixth assist of the season and is now tied for 3rd most assists in the league.
- This is the fifth time NYRB II has won a game by four-or-more goals this season.
- After tonight’s win, NYRB II moved into playoff position, and now sits sixth in the Eastern Conference Standings with 25 points.
- With six goals in tonight’s game, NYRB II becomes the lead goal scoring team in the USL with a total of 36 goals so far this season.
- Red Bulls II tallied six goals from six different scorers tonight; six is the most goals the team has scored in a single game this season.
- NYRB II return to MSU Soccer Park next week as they take on Richmond Kickers on Friday, July 13 at 7 p.m. ET in what will be a rematch of their Week 4 game, that concluded in a 1-1 draw at Richmond.