New York Red Bulls II 4, Louisville City FC 6
2018 USL Regular Season Match 24
Friday, August 10, 2018 - 7 p.m. ET
MSU Soccer Park | Montclair, New Jersey
NY - Andrew Tinari 7 (Tom Barlow) 7’
NY - Ethan Kutler 2 (Jose Aguinaga) 14’
LOU - Ilija Ilic (unassisted) 18’
LOU - Cameron Lancaster (George Davis IV) 43’
LOU - George Davis IV (Ilija Ilic) 48’
LOU - Ilija Ilic (Oscar Jimenez) 52’
LOU - Cameron Lancaster (Paolo DelPiccolo) 63’
NY - Jose Aguinaga 3 (Jared Stroud) 80’
LOU - Cameron Lancaster (Luke Spencer) 88’
NY - Hassan Ndam 2 (penalty kick) 90’ +1
LOU - Kyle Smith (caution) 32’
NY - Andrew Tinari (caution) 58’
New York Red Bulls II: Evan Louro, Niko DeVera, Kevin Politz, Hassan Ndam (C), Ethan Kutler, Chris Lema, Steven Echevarria (Ben Mines, 59th minute), Andrew Tinari (Cristian Cásseres Jr., 74th minute), Jose Aguinaga, Tom Barlow, Jared Stroud
TOTAL SHOTS: 17; SHOTS ON GOAL: 7; FOULS: 13; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 3
Louisville City FC: Greg Ranjitsingh, Kyle Smith, Craig Paco, Sean Totsch, Oscar Jimenez, Paolo DelPiccolo (C), Devon Williams, George Davis IV, Magnus Rasmussen (Niall McCabe, 3rd minute; Luke Spencer, 75th minute), Ilija Ilic (Brian Ownby, 66th minute), Cameron Lancaster
TOTAL SHOTS: 17; SHOTS ON GOAL: 9; FOULS: 11; OFFSIDE: 5; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 3
- The 2016 USL Cup Champions, New York Red Bulls II (9-7-8, 35 points), fell short to the 2017 USL Cup Champions, Louisville City FC (11-4-6, 39 points), at MSU Soccer Park Friday night.
- Andrew Tinari opened up the scoring with his seventh goal of the season in the seventh minute of the match; he was assisted by Tom Barlow.
- Red Bulls II took a 2-0 lead in the 14th minute with a goal from Ethan Kutler, assisted by Jose Aguinaga.
- Louisville City FC got on the scoreboard in the 18th minute following a goal from Ilija Ilic.
- Cameron Lancaster scored a goal for Louisville in the 43rd minute to finish the first half in a 2-2 draw.
- Louisville opened up the second half scoring with a goal from George Davis IV in the 48th minute.
- Ilija Ilic scored his second goal of the game to give Louisville a 4-2 lead in the 52nd minute.
- Louisville FC tallied their fifth goal of the match with a goal from Cameron Lancaster in the 63rd minute, his second of the game.
- Aguinaga scored NYRB II’s first goal of the second half in the 80th minute, assisted by Jared Stroud.
- After recording his eighth of the season, Stroud is now tied for third most assists in the USL.
- Louisville took a 6-3 in the 88th minute with a hat trick from Cameron Lancaster.
- Hassan Ndam scored his first career goal from the penalty spot in the 90th minute. It was his second of the 2018 USL season.
- NYRB II have scored four or more goals in seven home matches this season.
- Despite the loss, NYRB II remain tied for the league lead in home victories with nine.
- Louisville City FC midfielder, Devon Williams, was a member of NYRB II’s championship team.
- New York Red Bulls II will return home to MSU Soccer Park on Tuesday, August 21 to face North Carolina FC. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. ET.