New York Red Bulls 1, NYCFC 1
MLS Regular Season Match 25
Wednesday, August 22, 2018 – 7 p.m. ET
Yankee Stadium | Bronx, N.Y.
NY – Bradley Wright-Phillips 16 (Royer, Adams) 37’
NYC – David Villa 10 (Berget, Moralez) 52’
NYC – Eloi Amagat (ejection, serious foul) 40’
NY – Sean Davis (caution, unsporting behavior) 44’
NYC – Anton Tinnerholm (caution, unsporting behavior) 61’
NY – Connor Lade (caution, unsporting behavior) 72’
NYC – Ebenezer Ofori (ejection, serious foul) 73’
NYC – David Villa (caution, dissent) 74’
NY – Kemar Lawrence (caution, unsporting behavior) 77’
NY – Andreas Ivan (caution, unsporting behavior) 82’
New York Red Bulls: Luis Robles ©; Connor Lade (Alex Muyl, 90’+1’), Tim Parker, Aaron Long, Kemar Lawrence, Sean Davis (Andreas Ivan, 68’), Tyler Adams, Daniel Royer, Kaku, Marc Rzatkowski (Derrick Etienne, Jr., 83’), Bradley Wright-Phillips
TOTAL SHOTS: 17; SHOTS ON GOAL: 6; FOULS: 14; OFFSIDE: 3; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 1
NYCFC: Sean Johnson; Anton Tinnerholm, Maxime Chanot, Sebastien Ibeagha, Ben Sweat, Ebenezer Ofori, Alexander Ring, Maxi Moralez, Eloi Amagat, David Villa © (Jonathan Lewis, 87’), Ismael Tajouri-Shradi (Jo Inge Berget, HT, Rodney Wallace, 56’)
TOTAL SHOTS: 11; SHOTS ON GOAL: 2; FOULS: 17; OFFSIDE: 3; CORNER KICKS: 1; SAVES: 5
Referee: Ted Unkel
Assistant Referees: Adam Wienckowski, Brian Dunn
4th Official: Christopher Penso
VAR: Mark Geiger
- Bradley Wright-Phillips’s first-half goal helped the New York Red Bulls (15-6-4, 49 pts) earn a 1-1 draw with NYCFC (14-6-6, 48 pts) on Wednesday night at Yankee Stadium. Wright-Phillips tallied his 200th career goal across all competitions in MLS and in England.
- The Red Bulls remained in second place with 49 points in both the Eastern Conference and Supporters’ Shield standings, just two points back of Atlanta United FC.
- Inside NYCFC’s 18-yard box, Tyler Adams sent a pass wide to Daniel Royer, who crossed his pass to the front of the net for Wright-Phillips. BWP redirected the ball to the far post for the 1-0 in the 37th minute.
- Following a long ball from midfield by Maxi Moralez, Jo Inge Berget headed the ball to the top of the 18-yard box for David Villa. Villa took one touch and sent home the equalizer in the 52nd minute.
- In Wright-Phillips’ 200th career appearance across all competitions in MLS, he tallied his 200th career goal across all competitions in both MLS and in England.
- Wright-Phillips raised his season total to 16 and his career league-play goals to 102.
- Royer has recorded at least one point in the last five matches. Over that stretch, the Austrian winger has tallied five goals and two assists.
- Following his two-assist match against Vancouver, Adams followed up with his second-straight match with a secondary assist on BWP’s goal.
- The Red Bulls have strung together a four-match unbeaten record on the road, owning a 2-0-2 mark.
- The Red Bulls are now 41-43-22 all-time in the month of August. New York has scored 176 goals while allowing 166 during the eighth month of the year.
- The Red Bulls return to Red Bull Arena for back-to-back matches, beginning with D.C. United on Sunday, Aug. 26. Kickoff is slated for 7 p.m. ET with coverage on FS1, FOX Sports GO and New York Red Bulls Radio in English and Spanish on TuneIn.