Charleston Battery 4, New York Red Bulls II 4
2018 USL Regular Season Match Game 25
Saturday, August 25th, 2018 – 7:00 p.m. ET
MUSC Health Stadium | Charleston, South Carolina
CHS – Ataulla Guerra (Jay Bolt) 22’
CHS – Patrick Okonkwo (Nicholas Rittmeyer) 28’
CHS – Ataulla Guerra (Nicholas Rittmeyer) 45’+2
NY – Tom Barlow 4 (Penalty) 64’
NY – Jose Aguinaga 5 (Jared Stroud) 68’
NY – Tom Barlow 5 (Allen Yanes) 73’
CHS – Patrick Okonkwo (Vincenzo Candela) 75’
NY – Tom Barlow 6 (Wahab Ackwei) 88’
CHS – Ataulla Guerra (Caution) 57’
CHS – Tah Anunga (Red Card) 61’
NY – Wahab Ackwei (Caution) 90’+3
Charleston Battery: Joe Kuzmisky, Neveal Hackshaw, Taylor Mueller, Leland Archer, Nicholas Rittmeyer, Angelo Kelly, Tah Anunga, Jay Bolt, Patrick Okonkwo (Ian Svantesson, 92nd minute), Kotaro Higashi (Skylar Thomas, 71st minute), Ataulla Guerra (Vincenzo Candela, 65th minute)
TOTAL SHOTS: 9; SHOTS ON GOAL: 4; FOULS: 15; OFFSIDE: 3; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 4
New York Red Bulls II: Evan Louro, Lucas Stauffer (Amando Moreno, 86th minute), Wahab Ackwei, Hassan Ndam, Ethan Kutler (Allen Yanes, 63rd minute), Chris Lema, Steven Echevarria, Andrew Tinari, Jared Stroud, Anatole Abang (Tom Barlow, 63rd minute), Jose Aguinaga
TOTAL SHOTS: 22; SHOTS ON GOAL: 8; FOULS: 12; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 2; SAVES: 0
- New York Red Bulls II (9-7-10, 37 points) travelled south to draw Charleston Battery (11-4-11, 44 points), 4-4, in a back and forth match Saturday night at MUSC Health Stadium in Charleston.
- Atualla Guerra started the scoring for the Battery, finding the back of the net in the 22nd minute.
- Patrick Okonkwo would double the lead for the home side only six minutes later off an assist from Nicholas Rittmeyer.
- Charleston would head into halftime with control of the match, with Guerra grabbing his second goal of the match just before the whistle.
- The game would turn on its head in the 61st minute, with Charleston midfielder Tah Anunga being shown a red card.
- NYRB II quickly capitalized and earned a penalty in the 64th minute, which was slotted home by Tom Barlow on his first touch as a substitute.
- Jose Aguinaga scored only four minutes later off a cross from Jared Stroud. This was Aguinaga’s fourth straight game with a goal or an assist; this was also Stroud’s 10th assist of the season, tying him for the league lead.
- Tom Barlow would score again in the 73rd to level the game at 3-3 off Allen Yanes’ first career point for NYRB II.
- Charleston then pulled ahead, 4-3, off Patrick Okonkwo’s second goal of the game.
- NYRB II would tie the game late, with Tom Barlow completing his first career hat trick in the 88th minute. The goal was assisted by Wahab Ackwei, who recorded his first career point for the club.
- NYRB II will now return home to MSU Soccer Park to face Ottawa Fury FC on Friday, August 31 Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. ET.