New York Red Bulls II 1, Nashville SC 1
2018 USL Regular Season Match Game 31
Saturday, September 29th, 2018 – 8:30 p.m. ET
First Tennessee Park| Nashville, TN
NY – Amando Moreno (Jared Stroud) 5’
NSH – Michael Reed (unassisted) 26’
NY – Jose Aguinaga (red card) 24’
NSH – Boluwatife Akinyode (caution) 53’
NSH – Matt LaGrassa (caution) 65’
NSH – Taylor Washington (caution) 69’
NY – Jared Stroud (caution) 72’
NY – Ethan Kutler (caution) 78’
New York Red Bulls II: Evan Louro; Ethan Kutler, Hassan Ndam, Kevin Politz, Allen Yanes, Andrew Tinari ©, Chris Lema, Jose Aguinaga (Ejected: Red Card, 24th minute), Jared Stroud, Tom Barlow (Lucas Stauffer, 74th minute), Amando Moreno (Niko De Vera, 90th minute)
TOTAL SHOTS: 16; SHOTS ON GOAL: 4; FOULS: 11; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 4
Nashville SC: Matt Pickens; Kosuke Kimura, Taylor Washington, Justin Davis, Liam Doyle, Matt LaGrassa, Ismaila Jome (Boluwatife Akinyode, 45th minute), Michael Reed ©, Alan Winn (London Woodberry, 90th + 1 minute), Tucker Hume (Kris Tyrpak, 66th minute), Ropapa Mensah (Jorge Herrera, 74th minute)
TOTAL SHOTS: 11; SHOTS ON GOAL: 5; FOULS: 22; OFFSIDE: 4; CORNER KICKS: 4; SAVES: 3
- New York Red Bulls II (10-8-13, 43 points) came away with one point in their draw against Nashville SC (11-11-9, 44 points), 1-1, at First Tennessee Park.
- With the draw, New York remains one point behind Nashville SC and North Carolina FC for the eighth and final playoff spot.
- Amando Moreno got NYRB II on the board early in the 5th minute, with a strike inside the box, which was assisted by Jared Stroud past the keeper to give New York a 1-0 lead.
- Moreno now has 10 goals on the season, while Stroud has 11 assists on the year.
- Tom Barlow attempted a penalty kick in the 14th minute but was denied by Nashville goalkeeper Matt Pickens.
- The draw earned New York their 10th point in 15 road matches in 2018.
- Following Saturday’s match, NYRB II continue their four-match road trip as they head to Cary, North Carolina for a match with North Carolina FC on October 6.