New York Red Bulls II 2, North Carolina FC 1
2018 USL Regular Season Match 32
Saturday, October 6, 2018 – 7 p.m. ET
WakeMed Soccer Park | Cary, North Carolina
NY – Anatole Abang 2 (unassisted) 24’
NC – Kyle Bekker (Steinberger) 52’
NY – Tom Barlow 7 (unassisted) 79’
NC – Aaron Guillen (caution) 45’+2
NY – Anatole Abang (ejection) 45’+5
New York Red Bulls II: Evan Louro; Allen Yanes, Kevin Politz, Hassan Ndam, Ethan Kutler, Chris Lema, Steven Echevarria (Tom Barlow, 45th minute), Andrew Tinari ©, Amando Moreno (Jordan Scarlett, 87th minute), Jared Stroud (Lucas Stauffer, 81st minute), Anatole Abang
TOTAL SHOTS: 13; SHOTS ON GOAL: 7; FOULS: 9; OFFSIDE: 4; CORNER KICKS: 6; SAVES: 5
North Carolina FC: Alex Tambakis; DJ Taylor, Aaron Guillen, Wuilito Fernandes, Steven Miller; Austin da Luz © (Mario Lomis, 43rd minute), Graham Smith, Zach Steinberger (Daniel Rios, 82nd minute), Victor Igbekoyi (Andrew Fortune, 69th minute), Kyle Bekker; Donovan Ewolo
TOTAL SHOTS: 25; SHOTS ON GOAL: 6; FOULS: 8; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 6; SAVES: 4
- New York Red Bulls II (11-8-13, 46 points) defeated North Carolina FC (12-12-8, 44 points), 2-1, at WakeMed Soccer Park on Saturday. Tom Barlow scored the game-winner in the 79th minute.
- The road win was NYRB II’s first of the season.
- With the win, NYRB II moved back above the playoff line and into eighth place with two matches remaining.
- Anatole Abang tallied his second goal of the USL season in the 24th minute off a NYRB II corner kick. Abang has scored both his goals this year against North Carolina FC.
- Abang was shown a red card during halftime.
- Barlow, a second-half substitute tallied his seventh goal of the season and eventual game-winner, finishing a rebounded shot deflection.
- Evan Louro made five saves on the evening to preserve the win.
- Following Saturday’s contest, NYRB II face a quick turnaround with a Tuesday road match, their final of a four-match trip, at Penn FC. Kickoff is set for 6:30 p.m. ET and can be seen live on ESPN+.