New York Red Bulls II 2, Pittsburgh Riverhounds 1
2018 USL Regular Season Match 34
Sunday, October 14, 2018 – 5 p.m. ET
MSU Soccer Park | Montclair, New Jersey
NY – Tom Barlow 8 (unassisted) 30’
NY – Jared Stroud 7 (Jose Aguinaga) 90’
PGH – Joe Greenspan (Joe Holland) 90’+4
New York Red Bulls II: Scott Levene; Allen Yanes, Kevin Politz, Jordan Scarlett (Hassan Ndam, 87th minute), Ethan Kutler, Cristian Casseres Jr., Steven Echevarria (Andrew Tinari, 65th minute), Jose Aguinaga, Brian White, Tom Barlow, Amando Moreno (Jared Stroud, 75th minute)
TOTAL SHOTS: 9; SHOTS ON GOAL: 3; FOULS: 14; OFFSIDE: 3; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 3
Pittsburgh Riverhounds: Dan Lynd; Joe Greenspan, Tobi Adewole, Thomas Vancaeyezeele, Ben Zemanski (Mouhamed Dabo, 73rd minute), Kenardo Forbes, Christiano Francois (Kevin Kerr, 86th minute), Romeo Parkes, Ray Lee (Joe Holland, 79th minute), Jordan Dover, Neco Brett
TOTAL SHOTS: 15; SHOTS ON GOAL: 5; FOULS: 10; OFFSIDE: 0; CORNER KICKS: 2; SAVES: 1
- New York Red Bulls II (13-8-13, 52 points) defeated the Pittsburgh Riverhounds (15-5-14, 59 points), 2-1, Sunday at MSU Soccer Park, extending their unbeaten streak to six games and finishing out their regular season schedule.
- With Sunday’s win, NYRB II clinched the fifth seed heading into the USL Cup Playoffs.
- New York Red Bulls II opened the scoring in the 30th minute after Tom Barlow nicked the ball off of the defender and calmly finished into the bottom right corner. It was his eighth goal of the season, in as many starts.
- Scott Levene made his fourth start of the season on Sunday night. In the 71st minute, he dove to his left to save a penalty kick that kept NYRB II in the lead.
- Jared Stroud added the insurance goal in the 90th minute after receiving a pass from Jose Aguinaga and sending a shot into the far corner from just inside the box. It was his seventh of the season.
- Pittsburgh grabbed one back in the 94th minute off of a corner kick headed in by Joe Greenspan.
- With two goals scored, NYRB II finished the regular season tied for second in goals scored with 71.
- NYRB II finished 2018 with an 11-3-3 record in the regular season at home, good for second best in the USL Eastern Conference.
- Since the 2015 season, NYRB II has earned the third-most points in USL (Louisville City FC and Sacramento Republic) with 207 and second-most out of Eastern Conference teams (Louisville City FC).
- NYRB II is one of the four teams who have qualified for the USL Cup Playoffs in every season since 2015 (Louisville City FC, Charleston Battery and Sacramento Republic).
- Following Sunday’s match, New York Red Bulls II travel to South Carolina to challenge the Charleston Battery in the quarterfinals of the USL Cup playoffs at MUSC Health Stadium on October 20. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. ET and can be seen live on ESPN+.