New York Red Bulls II 1, Charleston Battery FC 0
2018 USL Cup Playoffs Eastern Conference Quarterfinals
Saturday, October 20, 2018 – 7 p.m. ET
MUSC Health Stadium | Charleston, South Carolina
NY – Tom Barlow 9 (Amando Moreno) 21’
CHS – Jay Bolt (caution) 16’
NY – Jared Stroud (caution) 66’
New York Red Bulls II: Scott Levene; Allen Yanes, Kevin Politz, Hassan Ndam, Ethan Kutler, Andrew Tinari, Chris Lema, Jose Aguinaga (Steven Echevarria, 77th minute), Amando Moreno (Jordan Scarlett, 83rd minute), Tom Barlow, Jared Stroud (Lucas Stauffer, 91st minute)
TOTAL SHOTS: 9; SHOTS ON GOAL: 3; FOULS: 12; OFFSIDE: 3; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 4
Charleston Battery FC: Joe Kuzminsky; Taylor Mueller, Skylar Thomas, Neveal Hackshaw,Tah Anunga, O’Brian Woodbine (Jarad Van Schaik, 58th minute), Jay Bolt, Angelo Kelly-Rosales, Atualla Guerra, Nicholas Rittymeyer (Patrick Okonkwo, 81st minute), Gordon Wild (Ian Svantesson, 87th minute)
TOTAL SHOTS: 15; SHOTS ON GOAL: 5; FOULS: 10; OFFSIDE: 0; CORNER KICKS: 2; SAVES: 1
- New York Red Bulls II advanced to the USL Cup Playoffs Semifinals for the third-straight season, eliminating the Charleston Battery from the USL Cup Playoffs in the Eastern Conferenc Quarterfinals with a 1-0 result, Saturday, at MUSC Health Stadium. The win extended their winning streak to four games, with three of those being on the road.
- With Saturday’s win, NYRB II advance to the USL Cup Playoffs Semifinals for the third-straight season.
- New York Red Bulls II tallied the game-winning goal in the 21st minute off the foot of Tom Barlow. Barlow chested down a pass from Amando Moreno finished it in the top right corner, his ninth goal of the season and fourth in his last 45 minutes of play against the Battery dating back to August of 2018.
- Evan Louro preserved his fourth clean sheet of the season making four saves.
- NYRB II is one of the four teams who have qualified for the USL Cup Playoffs in every season since 2015 (Louisville City FC, Charleston Battery and Sacramento Republic).
- NYRB II advance to the USL Eastern Conference Semifinals to face FC Cincinnati on Saturday, October 27 at 4 p.m. ET at Nippert Stadium. The matchup presents the two top-scoring offenses in the USL.