New York Red Bulls II 1, FC Cincinnati 0
2018 USL Cup Playoffs Eastern Conference Semifinals
Saturday, October 27, 2018 – 4 p.m. ET
Nippert Stadium | Cincinnati, Ohio
NY – Amando Moreno 11 (Jose Aguinaga) 12’
CIN – Fanendo Adi (caution) 41’
NY – Amando Moreno (caution) 72’
New York Red Bulls II: Evan Louro; Allen Yanes, Kevin Politz, Hassan Ndam, Ethan Kutler, Chris Lema, Andrew Tinari, Jose Aguinaga (Jordan Scarlett, 86th minute), Amando Moreno (Anatole Abang, 74th minute), Jared Stroud (Lucas Stauffer, 92nd minute), Tom Barlow
TOTAL SHOTS: 14; SHOTS ON GOAL: 6; FOULS: 17; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 3
FC Cincinnati: Spencer Richey; Blake Smith (Emery Welshman, 86th minute), Forrest Lasso, Justin Hoyte, Patrick Barrett, Corben Bone, Fatai Alashe, Emmanuel Ledesma, Nazmi Albadawi (Jimmy McLaughlin, 79th minute) Tyler Gibson (Kenney Walker, 61st minute), Fanendo Adi
TOTAL SHOTS: 11; SHOTS ON GOAL: 3; FOULS: 12; OFFSIDE: 6; CORNER KICKS: 6; SAVES: 5
- New York Red Bulls II advanced to the USL Cup Playoffs Eastern Conference Final after defeating FC Cincinnati 1-0. The win snapped Cincinnati’s 24 game unbeaten streak dating back to June.
- With Saturday’s win, NYRB II advance to the Eastern Conference finals for the third-straight season.
- New York Red Bulls II tallied the game-winning goal in the 12th minute off the foot of Amando Moreno. Moreno received a pass into the midfield off a Red Bulls II clearance, running at three Cincinnati defenders and ripping a strike from outside the 18 past the goalkeeper.
- Evan Louro kept his second-straight clean sheet making three saves on the day against the USL’s highest scoring team.
- NYRB II is one of the four teams who have qualified for the USL Cup Playoffs in every season since 2015 (Louisville City FC, Charleston Battery and Sacramento Republic).
- NYRB II advance to the USL Eastern Conference Finals to face the winner of Louisville City FC and Bethlehem Steel. New York will travel to Louisville if they win and host Bethlehem if they prevail.