The New York Red Bulls have set franchise Major League Soccer records for most wins, most points, most home victories and most home points in club history.
The Red Bulls 22 wins, 71 points, 14 home victories and 43 home points are all league and franchise bests.
On the road, they have experienced success as well, tying the franchise record of most road wins in a single season (9) in the 1-0 victory over Philadelphia on October 21.
The Red Bulls also had a litany of personal milestones to celebrate in 2018, as well:
- On May 19, goalkeeper Luis Robles’ historic ironman streak came to an end after starting 183-consecutive games, which is the longest in league history. During that stretch, he played 16,740 minutes, winning 86 games, while recording 52 shutouts.
- On July 25, forward Bradley Wright-Phillips became the fastest player in MLS history to reach 100 career goals in a 1-0 victory at D.C. United.
- On October 6, Wright-Phillips became the first player in league history to score 20+ goals in three separate seasons (27 goals in 2014, 24 goals in 2016) in a 3-1 win at San Jose.
- Also on October 6, the club became the second team in MLS history to reach 300 wins, joining the L.A. Galaxy as the only other team in league history to accomplish the feat.
- On October 21, New York also set a new single-season record in shutouts (14).
Robles also reached a milestone on October 21, as he won his 100th career game, while setting a new career-high in wins for a season (21) and shutouts in a single season (13 or 14).
New York's historic season continues in the Audi 2018 MLS Cup Playoffs, with Leg 1 taking place on November 4 on the road and Leg 2 at Red Bull Arena on November 11.