NEW YORK RED BULLS vs. VANCOUVER WHITECAPS
RED BULL ARENA, Harrison, N.J.
June 20, 2015 (WEEK 16, MLS Game #153)
7 p.m. ET (MSG)
- Coming off of a 1-0 road win over the LA Galaxy, the Vancouver Whitecaps will try to continue their road form on the opposite coast, traveling to take on the New York Red Bulls Saturday night in Harrison, N.J.
- Vancouver are second in the Western Conference but are just 3-3 in their last six games.
- The New York Red Bulls have dropped to fifth in the Eastern Conference after suffering three straight losses as part of an eight-game stretch in which they have only won once.
- The Red Bulls' last two losses have come on the road, at Seattle and at Houston.
- New York did return to the win column in US Open Cup play on Tuesday, shutting out the Atlanta Silverbacks 3-0 and welcoming French center back Ronald Zubar back to the lineup for the first time since Opening Day. US U-20 international Matt Miazga is also back with the club after the U-20 World Cup, but midfielder Lloyd Sam left the Open Cup contest due to injury.
- Vancouver have won the last two meetings between the teams, including a 4-1 win last year at BC Place and a come-from-behind 2-1 win at Red Bull Arena in 2013.