New York Red Bulls 4, Chelsea FC 2
Wednesday, July 22, 2015 – 8 p.m.
Red Bull Arena – Harrison, N.J.
- CFC – Loic Remy (Oscar) 26’
- NY – Franklin Castellanos 51’
- NY – Tyler Adams (Franklin Castellanos) 69’
- NY – Sean Davis 73’
- CFC – Eden Hazard (Oscar) 75’
- NY – Sean Davis 77’
- NY – Sean Davis (caution) 20’
- NY – Roy Miller (caution) 61’
New York Red Bulls: Kyle Reynish (Santiago Castano, 70’); Shawn McLaws (Jamie Thomas, 71’), Roy Miller © (Bolu Akinyode, 71’), Karl Ouimette, Marius Obekop (Victor Manosalvas, 71’), Daniel Bedoya (Franklin Castellanos, 46’), Konrad Plewa (Michael Da Fonte, 46’), Leo Stolz (Colin Heffron, 71’), Tyler Adams (Devon Chesterton-Williams, 71’), Sean Davis, Christopher Tsonis (Dan Metzger, 46’)
TOTAL SHOTS: 10; SHOTS ON GOAL: 7; FOULS: 12; OFFSIDE: 4; CORNER KICKS: 4; SAVES: 3.
Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois (Asmir Begovic, 46’); Branislav Ivanovic © (Ola Aina, 46’), Cesc Fabregas (Ramires, 46’), Kurt Zouma, Oscar, Jon Obi Mikel (Nemanja Matic, 46’), Bertrand Traore (Ruben Loftus-Cheek, 46’), Loic Remy (Diego Costa, 46’), Victor Moses (Eden Hazard, 46’), Gary Cahill (John Terry, 46’), Cesar Azpilicueta (Dominic Solanke, 71’)
TOTAL SHOTS: 21; SHOTS ON GOAL: 6; FOULS: 8; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 2.
- Referee: Robert Sibiga
- Referee’s Assistants: Greg Barkey, Brian Dunn
- 4th Official: Jorge Gonzalez
- New York defeated the defending English Premier League champions 4-2 as four Red Bulls Academy products scored for the victors.
- The New York Red Bulls and Chelsea FC met for the first time Wednesday evening in the 2015 International Champions Cup at Red Bull Arena.
- The last time the Red Bulls played a team from the English Premier League was July 26, 2014 in a 1-0 victory over Arsenal in the Emirates Cup. Bradley Wright-Phillips scored the game-winning goal for the Red Bulls.
- The following players made their Red Bulls First Team debuts Wednesday evening vs. Chelsea FC:
- Santiago Castano, Shawn McLaws, Jamie Thomas, Bolu Akinyode, Leo Stolz, Victor Manosalvas, Konrad Plewa, Mike Da Fonte, Chris Tsonis, Dan Metzger, Tyler Adams, Devon Williams, Daniel Bedoya, Franklin Castellanos, Colin Heffron
- Franklin Castellanos scored in the 51st minute to tie the game at one.
- Sean Davis was named the Guinness Man of the Match after his brace helped lead the Red Bulls to victory. Davis scored New York’s third and fourth goals of the night.
- Sixteen year-old Tyler Adams scored New York’s second goal of the night on a beautiful header.
- The following Red Bulls Academy products made their first appearance with the Red Bulls First Team Wednesday evening:
- Tyler Adams, Dan Metzger, Konrad Plewa, Victor Manosalvas, Franklin Castellanos, Daniel Bedoya, Bolu Akinyode
- New York is back in action Sunday in its second and final game in the 2015 International Champions Cup against SL Benfica. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. at Red Bull Arena.