Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League - Group F
New York Red Bulls (1-0-1) 1, Alianza FC (0-0-1) 1
Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 10 p.m. ET
Estadio Cuscutlán - San Salvador, El Salvador
Box Score: //matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2016-08-16-alianza-fc-vs-new-york-red-bulls/boxscore
AFC - Alexander Larin (unassisted) 54'
NY - Omer Damari (Justin Bilyeu) 71'
AFC - (caution, foul) 23'
NY - Derrick Etienne, Jr. (caution, foul) 23'
NY - Shaun Wright-Phillips (caution, foul) 26'
NY - Gonzalo Veron (caution, foul) 43'
AFC - Alexander Larin (caution, foul) 76'
New York Red Bulls: Luis Robles; Sal Zizzo, Aurelien Collin, Aaron Long, Justin Bilyeu (Kemar Lawrence, 78'), Sean Davis, Felipe, Derrick Etienne Jr (Omer Damari, 67'), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Sacha Kljestan, 61'), Gonzalo Veron, Bradley Wright-Phillips
TOTAL SHOTS: 16; SHOTS ON GOAL: 8; FOULS: 10; OFFSIDE: 0; CORNER KICKS: 7; SAVES: 3
Alianza FC Starting XI: Oscar Arroyo, Abarca, Mario Jacobo, Fabricio Silva, Alexander Larin, Rudy Valencia, Rodrigo Rivera, Oscar Ceren, Herbert Sosa, Isaac Portillo, Rodolfo Zalaya
TOTAL SHOTS: 8; SHOTS ON GOAL: 4; FOULS: 13; OFFSIDE: 5; CORNER KICKS: 7; SAVES: 6
Referee: Oscar Moncada
Referee's Assistants: Oscar Velasquez, Omar Leiva
4th Official: Raul Castro
- The New York Red Bulls played to a 1-1 draw with Alianza FC in the Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League on Tuesday night at Estadio Cuscutlan in San Salvador, El Salvador.
- The Red Bulls are now 1-0-1 in CCL play, and sit atop Group F with 4 points with two matches remaining.
- It is the second draw for New York as Estadio Cuscutlan. The Red Bulls played to a scoreless draw against another Salvadoran side, CD FAS, in the 2014-15 Champions League group stage.
- Alianza FC went ahead in the 54th minute on a free kick from just outside the penalty area.
- Omer Damari got his first goal as a New York Red Bull in the 71st minute, finishing a loose ball in front of goal after a Sacha Kljestan corner kick was headed down by Justin Bilyeu.
- Aaron Long made his first senior team appearance after being called up to the senior squad for the match.
- Luis Robles made three saves while wearing the captain's armband.
- New York has two games left in CCL Group F play, the return leg against Alianza FC on September 15, and a late September trip to Gutemala for the second match against Antigua GFC.
- New York resumes league play with a trip to RFK Stadium to take on D.C. United on Sunday, August 21. Kickoff is set for 3 p.m., with coverage on ESPN and Red Bulls Radio.