Post-Match Recap: New York Red Bulls II 8, Atlanta United FC 2 1
2019 USL Regular Season Match Game 19
Saturday July 13, 2019 – 5:00 p.m. ET
MSU Soccer Park | Montclair, NJ
NY - Chris Lema 2 (Jared Stroud) 19’
NY - Jared Stroud 8 (Unassisted) 21’
NY - Sean Nealis 2 (John Tolkin) 22’
NY - Jared Stroud 9 (Rece Buckmaster) 39’
NY - Chris Lema 3 (Unassisted) 50’
NY - Marcus Epps 2 (Penalty) 56’
NY - Chris Lema 4 (Unassisted) 63’
ATL - Jackson Conway (Unassisted) 65’
NY - Chris Lema 5 (Unassisted) 85’
NY - Rece Buckmaster (caution) 27’
ATL - Luiz Fernando Nascimento (caution) 47’
ATL - Laurence Wyke (caution) 58’
ATL - Luiz Fernando Nascimento (ejection) 70’
ATL - Kevin Barajas (caution) 84’
New York Red Bulls II: Rashid Nuhu, John Tolkin (Amarildo De Souza 77’), Preston Kilwien, Sean Nealis, Rece Buckmaster, Jean-Christophe Koffi, Kyle Zajec (Loebe 63’), Chris Lema, Jared Stroud, Mathias Jørgensen (Tom Barlow 59’), Marcus Epps
TOTAL SHOTS: 21; SHOTS ON GOAL: 14; FOULS: 17; OFFSIDE: 4; CORNER KICKS: 4; SAVES: 1
Atlanta United FC 2: Dylan Castanheira, Guillermo Benitez, Wesly Decas, Brandon Clagette (Laurent Kissiedou 67’), José Hernández (Kevin Barajas 45’), Laurence Wyke, Chris Goslin (William Reilly 45’), Luiz Fernando Nascimento, Andrew Cavleton, George Campbell, Jackson Conway
TOTAL SHOTS: 4; SHOTS ON GOAL: 2; FOULS: 21; OFFSIDE: 3; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 6
- New York Red Bulls II (11-4-4, 37 points) broke the record for most goals in a game in team history when they defeated Atlanta United FC 2 by a score of 8-1 on Saturday night at MSU Soccer Park.
- NYRB II’s first three goals came within just three minutes of each other, making it the fastest trio of strikes club history.
- Chris Lema scored half of the team’s goals in the win, netting the opener in the 19th minute and adding another three in the second half. The four goals for Lema were the most ever for a NYRB II player in a single match.
- Jared Stroud netted his eighth and ninth goals of the 2019 season and added an assist in the win. Rece Buckmaster assisted Stroud’s second of the match in what was the first of his career.
- Sean Nealis scored his second career goal after connecting with an inch-perfect cross from John Tolkin with his head in the 22nd minute. Tolkin, who made his first career professional start on Saturday, tallied his second assist in as many games.
- In the 55th minute, Tolkin was brought down in the box for a penalty kick. Marcus Epps stepped up to the spot and slotted his second goal of the season into the back of the net.
- Up next, New York Red Bulls II will hit the road to face Memphis 901 FC on July 20th. Kick-off from AutoZone Park is slated for 8:30 p.m. ET.