RED BULL ARENA CREDENTIAL USE CONDITIONS
BY ACCEPTING THIS CREDENTIAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND ARE BOUND BY THE TERMS SET FORTH IN THE CREDENTIAL USE CONDITIONS.
YOU MAY NOT MAKE ANY PERSONAL USE OF THIS CREDENTIAL OR THE ACCESS CONFERRED BY THIS CREDENTIAL, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REQUESTING AND/OR OBTAINING AUTOGRAPHS AND TAKING PHOTOGRAPHS.
- Acceptance and use of this credential (this “Credential”) constitutes (i) agreement by the individual holding this Credential (the “Bearer”), on behalf of Bearer and Bearer’s employer or the entity with which Bearer is obtaining this Credential (collectively, the “Bearer Parties”), to abide by the (A) following terms and conditions (the “Credential Use Conditions”), (B) conditions on reporting and transmitting updates regarding the Event, and (C) MLS, New York Red Bulls (“Club”), and/or applicable Red Bull Arena (“Stadium”) code of conduct and rules, including any rules governing access to the playing area and (ii) the Bearer’s acknowledgement that it has read these Credential Use Conditions. Together, Club and Stadium shall be referred to herein as “RBA”.
- This Credential is issued for the sole purpose of providing Stadium access to the Bearer in connection with (i) a 2022 Club game, (ii) other Major League Soccer, L.L.C. (“MLS”) operated event, or (iii) a third party operated event, including excerpts thereof, in accordance with the details set forth on the front of this Credential (the “Event”). Compliance with these terms is a condition of all uses permitted by this Credential. Any unauthorized use or violation of any term of this Credential (including, without limitation, requesting autographs, taking non-work related photographs, or making any other personal use of this Credential or the Stadium access conferred by this Credential) automatically and immediately revokes all permissions granted in this Credential and subjects Bearer to ejection from the Stadium, prosecution for criminal trespass, Bearer employer revocation of Credentials for future Events, and any other remedies available under law. MLS, RBA, Event promoters/organizers or their designees, in their sole discretion, may at any time revoke this Credential and/or any of the rights granted hereunder for any reason. The Bearer’s right to enter (or re-enter) and remain at the Stadium is conditioned upon compliance with the terms of this Credential and with any and all applicable policies of RBA and MLS including, without limitation, any security and conduct policies, and any health and safety policies and assessments (including, without limitation, with respect to the risk of exposure to communicable diseases, viruses, bacteria, or illnesses (e.g., COVID-19)). This Credential must be surrendered upon demand by MLS or RBA. MLS or RBA may revoke this Credential at any time in its sole discretion, and reserves the right to deny admission or eject any person who MLS or RBA in their sole discretion, determines poses a risk to the health and safety of other attendees and the Bearer waives any claims that Bearer might have against MLS or RBA with respect thereto.
- This Credential is issued solely to provide Stadium access to an individual with a legitimate working function at the Event solely to perform such function, and Bearer hereby represents, warrants, and covenants that Bearer is attending the Event solely for such purpose. The Bearer must be on a specific assignment as an employee or agent for the organization to which this Credential is issued. If the Bearer ceases to be an employee or agent for such organization, this Credential is hereby automatically revoked. It is forbidden to lend, sell, or otherwise transfer this Credential, including to post or otherwise distribute any photograph or other depiction of this Credential on any mobile or social networking/media platform, any other website or in any other media now existing or invented in the future. This Credential must be worn by the Bearer in full view at all times when entering and within the Stadium.
- The Bearer’s right to film, tape, photograph or create other recordings, broadcasts, descriptions, accounts or other publications or reports pursuant to this Credential (“Material”) is limited to creation, reproduction, transmission, and distribution by accredited linear television networks of the Event solely for news coverage in the ordinary course of their business (“Media Uses”). Television and radio stations may make Media Uses of Club Events and MLS Events or excerpts thereof only pursuant to MLS’ news access guidelines, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged by such stations. Any other use of any Events, including without limitation, books, motion pictures, posters, interactive products, advertising, promotional contests, sweepstakes or other trade or merchandising uses, requires the prior specific written agreement of MLS, RBA and/or their affiliates, as applicable. The rights to any Media Use or any other use of Events, including without limitation, all copyright, trademark and other property or ownership rights in such Events and in any Media Use thereof, are reserved to and shall remain the sole property of RBA, MLS and/or their affiliates, as applicable except to the extent of any rights expressly conferred by this credential or by written agreement of MLS, RBA and/or their affiliates, as applicable.
- The Bearer Parties understand that (i) the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation or variation thereof, “COVID-19”) is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death, and there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any place where people are present; (ii) no precautions, including the protocols that will be implemented from time to time by RBA, MLS and any of their respective direct and indirect parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, members, administrators, designees, licensees, agents, owners, officers, directors, employees, sponsors, invitees, and contractors (and all employees of such contractors), and other personnel and/or third parties (including, without limitation, federal and state governmental agencies) (collectively, the “Facilities Protocols”), can eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19; (iii) while people of all ages and health conditions can be and have been adversely affected by COVID-19, according to public health authorities (A) people with certain underlying medical conditions are or may be especially vulnerable, including, without limitation, people with chronic kidney disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, moderate to severe asthma, liver disease, compromised immune systems (including as a result of organ transplant), obesity, serious heart conditions, sickle cell disease, and type 2 diabetes and (B) the risk of severe illness from the contraction of COVID-19 increases steadily with age, and contracting COVID-19 can result in the further transmission of COVID-19 to my spouse, family members, and other contacts; and (iv) exposure to COVID-19 can result in being subject to quarantine requirements, illness, disability, other short-term and long-term health effects, and/or death, regardless of age or health condition. The Bearer Parties on behalf of themselves and their respective successors, assigns, heirs, next of kin, or other persons acting or purporting to act on their behalf (“Related Persons”)) fully understand and knowingly and voluntarily assume all risks related to obtaining a Credential and being granted access to, traveling to and from, entering, re-entering, or remaining, and providing services at, the Stadium, including, without limitation, the risk of bodily injury, risk of exposure to communicable diseases, viruses, bacteria, or illnesses (including, without limitation, COVID-19), and the causes thereof, sickness, personal injury, disability, other short-term or long-term health effects, and death, and lost, stolen, or damaged property, which might result not only from the Credential bearer’s own actions, inactions or negligence, but from the actions, inactions, or negligence of any of the Released Parties (as defined below). The Bearer Parties accept personal responsibility for any and all damages, liability, and other losses that they or any of their Related Persons may incur in connection with the foregoing risks.
In order to help mitigate the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and other contagious illnesses, Bearer agrees that Bearer will not access the Stadium if on the day of such access, any local, state/provincial or federal (including, without limitation, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)) regulations applicable to the jurisdiction of the Stadium require or recommend isolation or quarantine based on test results, symptoms of COVID-19, close contact exposure, or a travel advisory. Bearer acknowledges that applicable regulations regarding COVID-19 quarantine and isolation requirements may change from time to time and Bearer shall review and comply with such requirements prior to accessing the Stadium.
6. The Bearer Parties, on behalf of themselves and each of their Related Persons, hereby knowingly, voluntarily, and irrevocably and forever release, waive, and discharge (and covenant not to sue), each and all of the Released Parties from (or with respect to) any and all claims, suits, causes of action, and claims for damages, whether past, present, or future, and whether known or unknown, including, without limitation, claims arising out of or in connection with my death, personal injury, illness, disability, suffering of short-term or long-term health effects, or loss of or damage to property, which their or any of their Related Persons may have or hereafter accrue against any of the Released Parties as a result of or that relate in any way to (i) the Bearer’s exposure to COVID-19; (ii) the Bearer’s provision of services at the Stadium; (iii) the Bearer’s travel to or presence within the Stadium or compliance with any Facilities Protocols or any of the other policies or protocols applicable to the Stadium; (iv) any interaction between the Bearer and any personnel of any of the Released Parties present at the Stadium (including, without limitation, any ushers, ticket-takers, event security, health and safety personnel, or cleaning, concessions, or parking personnel); (v) any of the risks identified above in Section 5, in each case whether caused by any action, inaction, or negligence of any Released Party or otherwise; or (vi) arising from or relation in any way to the Event, whether occurring before, during, or after the Event (including, without limitation, the risk of personal injury or death, however caused, whether by players or objects such as balls, or otherwise, as well as the risks of lost, stolen, or damaged property and all other hazards arising from or related in any way to the Event). Nothing in the release set forth in this Section 6 shall be construed as a release of any claims the Bearer may have against their employer or any rights they may have to receive workers’ compensation. Additionally, the Bearer Parties jointly and severally agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against all liability, loss, damages, or expenses resulting from or arising out of (A) Bearer’s presence at the Stadium; (B) Bearer’s acts or omissions; (C) the presence at the Event of any cameras, wires, cabling, or other equipment brought on the premises or used by Bearer; and (D) breach of the terms of this Credential. For the purposes hereof, the “Released Parties” are (I) RBA, the particular Event promoter/organizer, MLS, Soccer United Marketing, LLC, the members of MLS and each of the MLS teams operated by them, and each of their respective direct and indirect affiliates, members, administrators, designees, licensees, agents, owners, officers, directors, employees, sponsors, invitees, and other contractors (and all employees of such contractors), and other personnel; (II) the direct and indirect owners, lessees, and sublessees of the Stadium; (III) concessionaires, merchandisers, other vendors, and all other contractors performing services at the Stadium; (IV) other third parties present at or from time to time brought to the Stadium (including, without limitation, medical personnel); and (V) any parents, subsidiaries, affiliated and related companies, and officers, directors, owners, shareholders, members, managers, partners, employers, employees, agents, contractors, sub-contractors, insurers, representatives, successors, and/or assigns of each of the foregoing entities and persons, whether past, present, or future, and whether in their institutional or personal capacities.
- The Bearer Parties agree that (a) any current or future claim, action, or proceeding between them and any of the Released Parties arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the Bearer’s presence at the Stadium (collectively, the “Claims”), must be submitted for confidential, final, and binding arbitration to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”); (b) the FAA is applicable because the Released Parties are engaged in transactions involving interstate commerce; (c) the arbitration shall proceed before a single arbitrator; (d) the arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures; (e) any and all issues relating or pertaining to arbitration or this arbitration clause, including but not limited to the threshold question of arbitrability or the enforceability or validity of this arbitration clause, shall be delegated to the arbitrator selected pursuant to this provision; (f) the arbitrator shall have the power to award any remedies, including attorneys’ fees and costs, available under applicable law; (g) judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction; (h) the award may be vacated or modified only on the grounds specified in the FAA or other applicable law; and (i) any arbitration conducted pursuant to this Agreement shall take place in the city in which the Stadium is located.
- The Bearer Parties waive any right to commence, or be a party to, any class or collective claims against the Released Parties.
- The Bearer grants permission to the Released Parties to use the Bearer’s image, likeness, actions, and statements, in perpetuity, in any Media Use relating to any Event in any context for any purpose, including commercial or promotional purposes, without further authorization from or compensation to the Bearer.
- The Bearer consents to allowing RBA to inspect Bearer’s person and any bags, clothing, or other articles for security purposes, whether by walk-through metal detection, handheld metal detection, bag checks, or otherwise, and acknowledges and agrees that Bearer may be denied entry to or ejected from the Event by RBA in its sole discretion. Bearer consents to security searches and/or screening of Bearer and waives any claims that Bearer might have against the Released Parties.
- In case of any dispute regarding the terms of this Credential, New York law will apply (without regard to its choice-of-law principles).