Los Angeles Galaxy 2 (9-3-10), New York Red Bulls 2 (9-9-6)
Sunday, August 7, 2016 - 9:30 p.m. ET
StubHub Center – Carson, California
Box Score: //matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2016-08-07-la-galaxy-vs-new-york-red-bulls/boxscore
NY – Gonzalo Veron 2 (Sacha Kljestan, Felipe) 68’
NY – Sean Davis 1 (Felipe, Mike Grella) 74’
LA – Mike Magee 6 (Steven Gerrard, Giovanni dos Santo) 80’
LA – Ashley Cole 1 (unassisted) 89’
NY – Alex Muyl (caution, foul) 61'
NY – Kemar Lawrence (caution, foul) 90+2’
LA – Baggio Husidic (caution, foul) 90+3’
New York Red Bulls: Luis Robles; Kemar Lawrence, Ronald Zubar, Damien Perrinelle (Aurelien Collin, 30’), Connor Lade (Sal Zizzo, 32’), Sean Davis, Alex Muyl, Sacha Kljestan ©, Mike Grella, Bradley Wright-Phillips (Gonzalo Veron, 47’)
TOTAL SHOTS: 16; SHOTS ON GOAL: 8; FOULS: 14; OFFSIDE: 4; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 3
Los Angeles Galaxy: Brian Rowe; A.J. DeLaGarza, Daniel Steres, Jelle Van Damme, Ashley Cole, Nigel de Jong (Emmanuel Boateng, 76’), Jeff Larentowicz (Baggio Husidic, 64’), Giovani dos Santos, Steven Gerrard, Sebastian Lletget (Mike Magee, 75’), Robbie Keane
TOTAL SHOTS: 11; SHOTS ON GOAL: 5; FOULS: 7; OFFSIDE: 3; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 5
Referee: Hilario Grajeda
Referee's Assistants: Jonathan Johnson, Eduardo Mariscal
4th Official: Kevin Stott
- The New York Red Bulls earned a road point on Sunday night with a 2-2 draw against the Los Angeles Galaxy at the StubHub Center in Carson, California. Gonzalo Veron and Sean Davis both scored for New York.
- The Red Bulls are 9-9-6 on the season, and 1-7-5 on the road.
- New York is undefeated in its last six MLS matches, its longest unbeaten stretch of the season. The Red Bulls have not lost in the last seven overall, including Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League.
- Gonzalo Veron got his second goal of the season in the 68th minute, running onto a ball that Sacha Kljestan slipped through the defense, and chipping LA goalkeeper Brian Rowe.
- Veron subbed into the game in the 47th minute, replacing Bradley Wright-Phillips.
- Kljestan now has 13 assists on the season, one off the club single-season record, and the most in MLS this season.
- Homegrown midfielder Sean Davis got the second for New York, taking a pass from Felipe in the box, setting himself up with his first touch and firing a curling shot inside the right post.
- It was the first MLS goal for Davis, a second-year pro. He has also scored in the U.S. Open Cup competition.
- Felipe earned assists on both New York goals, and now has six helpers on the year. It was the Brazilian’s first multi-assist game for New York, and the fourth of his MLS career.
- Mike Grella also earned an assist on Davis’ goal.
- Luis Robles made his 130th regular season start in goal for New York and made three saves in the draw.
- New York is 41-38-23 all-time in the month of July. New York has scored 159 goals in July and allowed 159.
- The Red Bulls return home next weekend to host the Montreal Impact on Saturday, August 13 at 7 p.m., with coverage on MSG Networks and Red Bulls Radio.