The New York Red Bulls continue their quest to lift the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League trophy against Liga MX side Santos Laguna in the Quarterfinals on Tuesday at Red Bull Arena. Leg 1 kickoff is slated for 8 p.m. ET with coverage on YahooSports.com and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.
Get to know Club Santos Laguna:
- Founded 35 years ago, the club plays at Estadio Corona which opened in November 2009.
- Originally located in Santa Cruz, Tlaxcala, the club now plays in Torreón, Coahuila, where they've been since 1988.
- Santos Lagunas have won six championships in their club history, Invierno 1996, Verano 2001, Clausura 2008, Clausura 2012, Clausura 2015 and 2018.
- Santos is led by Salvador Luis Reyes, who was named manager in August 2018.
- Santos plays in the Liga MX and finished fourth in both the Liga MX Apertura and Liga MX Clausura standings with a (8-6-3) record, and a (9-2-6) record, respectively.
- The Torreón, Coahuila club owned the third best offense in Liga MX, scoring 56 league goals in 34 games.
- Qualified for the Concacaf Champions League after claiming the Mexican Clausura Trophy in 2018.
- This is the sixth overall appearance for Santos in the tournament, and first since 2015-16.
- Santos Laguna advanced to the Quarterfinals, beating Marathón of Honduras, 11-2, on aggregate.