Post-Match Recap: Loudoun United FC 7, New York Red Bulls II 3
2019 USL Regular Season Match Game 34
Saturday, October 19, 2019 – 7:30 p.m. ET
Segra Field | Leesburg, VA
LDN- Alioune Ndour (Kyle Murphy) 5’
LDN- Antonio Bustamante (Alioune Ndour) 13’
NY- Jared Stroud 15 (unassisted) 16’
LDN- Kyle Murphy (penalty) 33’
LDN- Kyle Murphy (Shane Wiedt) 36’
LDN- Gordon Wild (unassisted) 42’
LDN- Elvis Amoh (unassisted) 46’
NY- Mathias Jørgensen 11 (Janos Loebe) 65’
LDN- Gordon Wild (unassisted) 72’
NY- Omar Sowe 2 (Amarildo de Souza) 90’
LDN- Kyle Murphy (caution) 53’
New York Red Bulls II: Evan Louro; Janos Loebe, Jordan Scarlett, Preston Kilwien, Sean McSherry; Jean-Christophe Koffi, Kyle Zajec, Jared Stroud (Sebastian Elney 78’), Vincent Bezecourt, Ben Mines (Omar Sowe 68’), Mathias Jørgensen (Amarildo de Souza 75’)
TOTAL SHOTS: 32 ; SHOTS ON GOAL: 9 ; FOULS: 12 ; OFFSIDE: 1 ; CORNER KICKS: 11 ; SAVES: 3
Loudoun United FC : Calle Brown; Hunter Gorskie, Shane Wiedt, Collin Verfurth, Peabo Doue; Antonio Bustamante (Elvis Amoh 30’), Gordon Wild, Nelson Martinez, Moses Nyeman (Andrew Lubahn 56’); Kyle Murphy (Robert Dambrot 68’), Alioune Ndour
TOTAL SHOTS: 18 ; SHOTS ON GOAL: 10 ; FOULS: 13 ; OFFSIDE: 2 ; CORNER KICKS: 0 ; SAVES: 6
- New York Red Bulls II (17-11-6, 57 points) dropped a 7-3 road contest to Loudoun United FC at Segra Field on Saturday night.
- Midfielder Jared Stroud scored his 15th goal of the season, which ties the single season goal scoring record set by former NYRB II forward Brandon Allen in 2016.
- Mathias Jørgensen scored his 11th goal of the season in the 65th minute, which placed him in a tie for second in the club this season. Defender Janos Loebe was credited with his seventh assist of the season.
- Forward Omar Sowe scored his second career goal off a pass from Amarildo de Souza in the 90th minute.
- NYRBII set a club record for most goals scored in a single season with 74 goals.
- Following tonight’s match, NYRB II will await their USL Championship quarterfinal matchup, which will take place either October 25 or October 26.