The ENYYSA Young Olympians-Red Bulls Program was created through a partnership between Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) and the New York Red Bulls. The program provides ENYYSA’s 11 League Affiliate member clubs the opportunity to send its best players to train in the ENYYSA-Red Bulls program. The partnership provides a connection between ENYYSA, which serves more than 100,000 local players, and the New York Red Bull Youth Programs.
The Young Olympians Program, designed specifically for boys and girls born in 2009 and 2010, is the next step for players preparing for the ENY Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program. Players will be selected for the multi-session program after two initial tryout sessions. The Young Olympians program will focus on improving the player's technical ability and tactical awareness while exposing players and parents to a US Youth Soccer and ENYYSA ODP environment.
The program is accessible by tryout only and operates September-November (Fall) as well as April-August (Spring/Summer). Selected players will take part in weekly training sessions in the spring conducted by New York Red Bulls coaching staff. During the summer, players will be invited to participate in exclusive week-long residential camps. The program – located regionally in five locations throughout Long Island, Staten Island, NYC and Hudson Valley – provides an easily accessible training hub for regional players. The program is supplemental, which means players continue with their existing travel teams, while also training with the ENYYSA Young Olympians Program. To be eligible for the program, players must be registered with an ENYYSA member club.
The program is offered for boys and girls in both the U10 and U11 age groups, respectively. Learn more from ENYYSA here.
Updated 2021 Tryout Dates: TBD
- There is a tryout fee of $35 to ensure all players who register are serious about wanting to participate in the program.
- Players who successfully pass through the tryout process will receive notification if they have been accepted to join the program via email.
A maximum of 25 players will be selected per age group and gender once tryouts have concluded. Once a player is accepted into the program, the acceptance is for the full program (Fall-Spring). The Spring season (April-June) consists of:
- 8 practice sessions
- 1 end of program event (For select players), usually held at New York Red Bulls 1st Team & Academy Training Facility
- 1 end of season Young Olympians Match Festival held exclusively for the Young Olympians (planned to be held at Fort Totten Park in the final week of each training season – subject to change)
- Residential Camp opportunities at either Golden Goal (ENYYSA Young Olympians select team); The Knox School (Girls Only); The Stony Brook School (boys only) (additional fees apply) and the Summer Young Olympians pre-season training camp (held at the Knox School) open to all Young Olympians (Co-Ed)
The ENYYSA Young Olympians-Red Bulls program (Fall and Spring) per season costs $295 + cost of uniform. ENYYSA Young Olympians-Red Bulls training uniform must be purchased in order to participate in the program
- Cost approx. $27
- Consists of Socks (x1), Shorts (x1), Jersey (x1)
Hudson Valley training sessions will be operated as mini-camps (4 sessions x 3 hours).
Frequently Asked Questions
What area should I sign up for?
Please reference the below list regarding recommended training locations by region.
- Nassau County – TBD
- NYC – Fort Totten Park
- Staten Island – Miller Field (Spring Only)
- Hudson Valley – East Fishkill Soccer Fields – 1925 NY-52, Hopewell Junction, NY 12533
*Players must tryout at their preferred training locations.
Can I train at a different location than where I signed up for?
In order to maintain sufficient training numbers and coaches per location, changing locations will not be permitted.
What is the purpose of the Young Olympian Program?
The purpose of the Young Olympians Program is to bring high level talent together to prepare them for ODP, while also sending them back to their club teams as better players.
Is there a tryout for these programs?
There is a tryout for the Young Olympians Program. We will select approximately 25 players per age group and gender in each location.
What if I cannot attend all sessions?
While the training sessions are not mandatory, we encourage you to attend as many as you are able to. The fee will not be prorated for missing a training session.