In April 2015, the New York Red Bulls and Westchester Youth Soccer League (WYSL) announced a partnership to co-create the Red Bulls - WYSL Select program. The program provides a pathway for WYSL’s most competitive players, ages 9 to 12, into the Red Bulls Academy. WYSL’s more than 55-member clubs have the opportunity to send its best players to train in the WYSL-Red Bulls Select program. The Red Bulls and WYSL work together to provide training and education to all of the league’s youth coaches. All coaches within the league are provided with the opportunity to attend USC coaching courses which are conveniently scheduled in local Westchester communities. WYSL coaches also have access to the Red Bulls online coaching curriculum, The Red Print.
The Westchester Youth Soccer League (WYSL) was established in 1977 as a non-profit, educational organization affiliated with U.S. Club Soccer and the U.S. Soccer Federation. The mission of the league is to foster the physical, mental, and emotional character development of youth by providing a safe, organized, fair, and competitive game playing opportunities for our players. WYSL registers more than 20,000 players under the age of 19. The league has more than 55 member clubs. Visit wyslsoccer.org for more information.
WYSL Select - Program Overview
The Red Bulls-WYSL Select program offers soccer players, both boys and girls, an opportunity to receive supplementary training from the New York Red Bulls coaches. Intended solely for competitive and elite travel level soccer players, the advanced curriculum is specially designed to target individual, technical aspects of the game. This program operates year round through weekly training sessions, tournaments, and camps.
- The program is for boys and girls age groups of U8, U9, U10, U11 and U12 only.
- The players must be registered with a Westchester Youth Soccer League (WYSL) member club to participate in this program.
The WYSL Select program is intended to compliment Red Bulls other select player pathways, such as RDS, by offering additional opportunities to be identified for Red Bulls RDS Regional and Academy teams. Participation in WYSL Select grants players pre-qualified status for RDS Residential Camps, but does not qualify players for consideration for the RDS Showcase Tournament Teams.
- Westchester Based Elite Level Training Opportunity
- State-of-the-Art Climate-Controlled Facility
- No Weather Cancellations
- Operated by New York Red Bulls Youth Coaches
- Exposure to Red Bulls Elite Level Pathway
- Red Bulls/Select Uniform
- Complimentary Red Bulls Match Ticket
- 50% off winter training specific sessions
- 10% off all youth programs winter clinics
The Select program includes training sessions, indoor tournaments, and the opportunity to play in a special regional select festival at Red Bulls Training Facility.
The Select program operates on the following annual calendar:
- Fall Season = Nine (9) Ninety (90) minute training sessions
- Winter Season = Two (2) January indoor tournaments (Optional opportunity to train at a Red Bulls winter training program hosted at House of Sports)
- Spring Season = Twelve (12) Ninety (90) minute training sessions plus end of season select festival at Red Bulls Training Facility
Access to this program is by tryout only. These tryouts are held in September. If the tryout dates have passed we invite referred players to participate in a training session. Please CLICK HERE to refer a player. Referrals are only accepted from team head coaches or club board members.