The foundation of success for the New York Red Bulls Youth Programs is a well-developed, thorough curriculum that develops players in all aspects of the game. The curriculum caters to players ages 3 to 18 and consists of over 700 activities that are available to partner organizations in a written format. Select activities are also supported with video files.
The curriculum specifically identifies five key developmental levels, each level clearly defined by a separate building block. Activities are also tagged by topic, age, ability and learning outcomes. Coaches can search for activities based on a player’s stage of learning and add their favorite activities into their own personal library.
Existing curriculum members: LOGIN HERE (Written and Video activities)
To sign up for free access to a sample version of the full curriculum please CLICK HERE
Check out the New York Red Bulls YouTube channel HERE
- Each activity is displayed in a practical format that matches the New York Red Bulls coaching methodology
- Session-specific learning objectives are listed
- Required equipment inventory and suggested player involvement
- Clearly described organization, illustrated with diagrams
- Detailed coaching points
- Progressions to challenge players as competency increases
- Regressions are included to simplify the activity to promote success
Below you will find how coaching activities are broken down based on our APPROACH TO DEVELOPMENT accompanied by videos showing example activities: