RDS Showcase Tournament Teams
The RDS Showcase Teams represent an opportunity for the top talents in the RDS to participate in competitive tournaments on a supplementary basis.
Participation in the showcase teams is strictly by invitation only, with initial invites being based on performance within RDS programs.
Winter showcase teams are selected from top players in RDS during the previous annual cycle, and are formed in time for indoor tournament play during the winter months.
Summer showcase teams are then selected from the top players in the winter showcase teams, and are formed at the start of the spring, in time for the summer months.
For a player to be eligible for showcase teams, they must have participated in at least one season of RDS during the prior annual cycle (fall, winter, spring or summer).
The winter RDS showcase teams represent an opportunity for the top talents in RDS to represent Red Bulls in select indoor tournaments.
Participation in the winter showcase teams is strictly by invitation only, with invites based on performance within RDS programs.
Subject to acceptance, participation in the winter showcase teams includes:
- One training session
- One, one-day indoor tournament (typically between January and March)
- Full RDS Showcase Tournament Team Uniform
- Teams disband after tournament to prevent conflict with a players' regular team commitments
- Cost: approximately $180
RDS winter showcase teams are offered for boys and girls, ages U8 through U14. Players who have been identified as potential candidates will be invited to try out around mid-September each year.
RDS summer showcase teams are the highest level supplementary teams offered by RDS.
Participation in the summer showcase teams is strictly by invite only, with players earning invites based on their performances in the winter showcase teams.
This exclusive program features:
- Six weekly training sessions at Red Bulls Training Facility (mid June to late July)
- Three high-level summer select tournaments with MSSL (Maps Summer Challenge or similar)
- Teams disband upon conclusion of the program, to prevent conflicts with a players' travel team
- Cost of participation approximately $795